Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if for a fact that convertible mounts are a little lower than the gt mounts? I can't get the hood i want now but im also tryin to keep from cutting my factory hood. Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good! I believe everything will clear with a 1/2" but 1" would be even better! Thanks man

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Solid motor mounts are also shorter than factory mounts

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
I do have a brand new set of polys I traded a pair of solid mounts for to a buddy. He has the Ssi intake and was trying to fit it under his stock hood, the solids did lower his engine more but still not enough to clear his stock hood.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
With my poly mounts , edelbrock performer 5.0 intake and 1in intake spacer my engine sits just under 4 inches higher then stock, I svo hood only clears by 1/4 inch

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Also forgot to mention he had a tubular k member, don't know the brand but they may also have contributed to the hood clearance issue

I run the Bbk Ssi-R intake an a stock hood won't fit on my car, the blow by tube on the TB hits the underside of my hood

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
What's better solid mounts or poly? Im going to need some shortly, so I'm curious.
You have to be careful using solid mounts. They are best suited to a properly set up race only car.
There is no give to them at all and broken engine blocks and busted transmissions can occur if you make a lot of power and the car hooks up hard.
For most street/strip purposes the poly mounts are a better choice and they are much tougher than the factory rubber mounts.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You have to be careful using solid mounts. They are best suited to a properly set up race only car.
There is no give to them at all and broken engine blocks and busted transmissions can occur if you make a lot of power and the car hooks up hard.
For most street/strip purposes the poly mounts are a better choice and they are much tougher than the factory rubber mounts.
Thanks Trojan for clearing things up for me. Much appreciated

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts