Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a stretch, but I was just sitting here bored at work, and thinking about mods for the stang. And for some reason, I started thinking about the 03 Cobra. Has anyone done a swap into a GT. Like taken the motor out of an 03 or 04 and dropped it into a GT. Just curious. And if you could do it, what all does it entail?

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
same car diff motor..why wouldnt it fit? cobras a DOHC though right? still dont see a problem...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just didnt know how hard it would be with the wiring and everything. Didnt know if anyone had attempted it yet. Thats all. Just curious mainly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll help, since you and I did all the work on your GTP. By the way thanks for quoting me about LS1's in your sig, how bout a little credit behind that? :D :lol:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Cobra motors are not cheap though, unless you come across an amazing deal

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
New 4.6 S/C Cobra Engine $11,995.00

Used 4.6 Mach 1 Engine 312 miles includes shaker! $2995.00

FORD 5.4 GT ENGINES 550 Supercharged Horsepower $44,995.00

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I'm sorry, but $45,000 for an engine is insanely high... I think anyway

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
But it is out of the new Ford GT which is a $150,000 car

NEW!! FORD 5.4 GT ENGINES

Complete and ready to install!

Factory Romeo hand-built!

550 Supercharged Horsepower

All aluminum alloy

Dry sump oiling system

Includes all hang-on accessories

Complete with 16 fuel injector manifold system and super charger.

Special Notes: Engines are all hand-built to Ford specifications at the Ford Romeo Engine plant. No modifications available. Factory 36 month/36000 mile warranty is included.

Special Notes: Transaxle and computer are not included. Purchase agreement will be forwarded before engine purchase. Engine must be paid in full for order to be processed thru Ford. Truck freight shipping is available at extra cost plus a $400.00 insurance rider required for shipping insurance within the cont. U.S. $44,995.00 each very limited quantity!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
If you're gonna go with a 5.4, just pull a DOHC out of a Lincoln and change internals and throw a supercharger on there, you'll come out just about as good and with alot of change left over.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I know the Lincoln 5.4 in a Mustang slightly tuned w/out supercharger was getting 300 something hp in my roommate's uncle's 01 GT...then he supercharged it.. then he sold it lol. Made a 30g or so profit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
my friend has a 98 gt with a 5.4 block and the gt intake plenum. It was of course modified. he also has a huge bbk intake and underdrive pulley on it and makes over 350 hp. the 5.4 block has on bad ass sound on a mustang.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The Cobra R intakes might cost you a healthy chunk of change! ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I saw an 01 Bullitt GT with a crate 01 Cobra Engine in it and running, asked if he had to rewire it, said he just had to get a chip burned for it is all?? He didn't do the install himself though, paid a mechanic to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I'm getting ready to do a v-8 swap into my v-6... probably later on this academic year.... after I get my part time job, and get my rims, and my new paint job. Maybe not after my new paint job... I think I'd like an actual GT hood... which I can get when I get my salvaged GT. Anyway (11)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
you can see just the slightest bit of day near the front of the hood while driving... it pisses me off... I want a GT hood, lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts