Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. I am wanting to build a motor for my 92 gt. Would it be better to take my original engine and do the build or would it be better if I got a different engine and then built as I got the money. I ain't gonna do anything crazy with the motor. Just wanna but hci and either a SC or a turbo. I have found a 5.0 engine that came out of a 89 ltd that has already been bored for and rebuilt. The rebuilt was done about 5 years ago and he said he busted a piston when installing. I was old that it had never been run. I know I would go ahead and take it apart and re-lube everything. What do u guys think? Rebuild my stock or just buy another block and build it? The stock motor runs great with excellent oil pressure so I hate to take it apart. That is why I thought about buying another block and build it. That way when I am ready I can just put the new motor in and not lose any drive time. What do u think? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Everything I've heard and read is that a stock mustang block will only handle about 550-600 horsepower. And that's pushing it. I wouldn't poke it out more then .30 over. I would just save money to buy a new block. I'd your gonna spend the money on a turbo or sc you need a good foundation.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is a good block to get. I really want to get either a 331 or 347 striker kit. Who makes a good block?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I meant striker kit. I hate this stupid auto correct on a phone.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Travis B said:
What is a good block to get. I really want to get either a 331 or 347 striker kit. Who makes a good block?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I meant stroker kit. I hate this stupid auto correct on a phone.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
For a forced induction build you would be best off using a FMS Boss 302 4-bolt main, or other aftermarket HD block.
You could use a factory 5.0 stock block too, but at the minimum I would get a new forged crank, rods and pistons, along with a good main stud girdle and windage tray so it has every chance possible to live.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts