Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after upgrading to 20s from factory 15s, I noticed that my MPGs on my car were horribly low. With the 15s my car averaged 21.8 (22 in the city is factory rating), and now with the 20s my car is getting roughly 18.0-18.2 MPG. The thing that throws me off is I called ford and they said that it was about 100 more pounds on your car so it would affect your gas mileage by 2%. So if we take 22 x .02 = .44 decrease, which should give me 21.56. How is it that I am getting 18 MPG. Any suggestions? :(

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My God! You are now down to 18mpg!!!!

You better sell that Gas Robbing monster before you go broke!

Check you tire pressure.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,947 Posts
You will lose some mpg because of the larger wheels but it shouldn't be THAT much.

Is your overall tire height different. If so you may have changed your wheel RPMs. Is your speedo off, or did you retune?
I was just thinking that. If the revolutions per mile have changed, your speedometer and odometer may not be accurate anymore.

Do you know the new and old tire sizes?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is your overall tire height different. If so you may have changed your wheel RPMs. Is your speedo off, or did you retune?
I'm sure speedo is off and no I havent calibrated it yet

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

My God! You are now down to 18mpg!!!!

You better sell that Gas Robbing monster before you go broke!

Check you tire pressure.
Bad joke...and tires are a week old and all are at required tire pressure

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.