Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this product? I just bought it the other day and tried it out. I found it to do a very good job. The soap that comes out of it makes the car shine very nice and the soptless rinse really works (just gotta make sure the car gets fully covered with it from the top down) I just wanted to know if it's worth it in the long run..the started kit only lasts for 3 washes....
I think i'll continue to use this as long as no one has bad long term problems with it.

for those that dont know what the mr. clean auto cleaner is:

it's a product you screw onto your hose. It has 3 settings, spray water, spray soapy water, or spray the spot free dry water. both water settings use water that get filtered through the products filter that you have to replace every 10 washes or so. but the spot free rinse uses the filter 100% while the other rinse is just on side of the 2 sided filter. Water sheets of very nice and when you spot free rinse the water runs off in "microbeads" very neat product

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Yeah? I have it.. it's sitting in my room taunting me. But the weather has been SO crappy here in Southern CA. First it'll be hotter than the devil's ass and then in the mornings it'll have a nice thin sheet of ice on it. Even worse is when it suddenly gets cloudy for no apparent reason and just begins raining. California has the most ****ed up weather EVER. -_-

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hear you man.....i live in the OC, it's really been messed up. It's really only coz of spring. I washed the car 2 days ago, now it's not looking as hot....:mad:

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Me and my bro got our car washed last week and there's dirt and spots all over it now. GRRRRRR.. I'll try it out on Friday before I go to work though, if you say it's good I'll have high hopes on it then

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
MR. Clean worked, We did three cars, and none had water spots.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've used it on my car now for a while. I've gone thru the starter kit's 3 washes and also 2 refils (10 washes each). Plus all of my recent pictures are taken after washing with Mr. Clean & waxing with meguiar's NXT. It works great... altho one thing I noticed is it isn't all that great with lifting off heavy dirt/dust. I think it definately saves time, and that's the main reason I bought it -- to make drying quicker so I can spend more time waxing... Although, then you have the problem of waiting for it to dry! So it's a trade off... spend the effort using a chamois to dry it, or... just wait an extra half hour for the car to become spotless (give or take depending on weather/humidity/time of day).

What I'm really thinking about is going back to using the RainX carwash w/ wax beads. That stuff was by far the best I've ever used. And then I think I'm going to buy a California dry blade because I've heard awesome reviews on how easy those are and how quick and good of a job they do. I hope this has helped!

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
i personally wouldnt use it, it costs to much just to wash a car, isnt it 30 bucks for the starter kit? F-that!

id rather wash it by hand and dry it with a chaomis, doesnt take me but a 20-30 minuets to get the car washed and dry, 5 bucks for a gallon of car wash, 5 bucks for a good sponge, and 5 bucks for a good chaomis

·
Registered
614 Posts
It's 19.99 at AAP for the starter kit which gives you a filter & soap that'll last 3 washes. Each refil filter is $5 and refil soap is $5. The refil's last 10 washes. Not too bad...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
autozone was 19.99 too, also during summer I think it'll be good to use coz it'll dry faster. Say you spray the hood and work your way back, by the time you get to the back the front should almost be dry or the side that the sun was shining on directly (this was from my last experience using it) so then you can go wax that section of the car and by the time you finish that, the car should be completely dry.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
****, I just realized I can't use it! The friggin hose nozzle broke off -_-

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
FEH!

It did a medicore job, parts of the car were still wet. I had to dry all that and then I went to Pepboys and bought a cover for my car. Thusly, I can keep my car CLEAN without having to wash it during the hot summer days much. Also found 1 water spot on the hood, I wasn't very impressed with the product. Especially how it says you should do this all in the shade. HA! Shade, right.. -_-

·
Registered
9 Posts
After you wash the car get a clean bucket of cool water and put a capful or 2 of jet dry in there. You know that crap that you put in dishwashers. Then re rinse the car it works as good as MR Clean and don't cost 20 bucks. But it is still better to dry the car. I have this towell thingy called the absorber works great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts