Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with them? Also, what are their kits made of? I'm looking at the saleen type front bumper for my 2000, but I dont want to buy cheap materials. Please help!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Never used them before but i have heard some bad things about their customer service and what not..migth wanna look into it some more b/f you buy. :-?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Their kits are made out of fiberglass. and I remebered reading something over at Stangnet that there was some lining up issues. I have no clue whether they fixed that or not. Just member you get what you paid for. You go cheap you get cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
a guy named bumblebee got a hood off there heres his post http://v6stangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4116

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
robradstang said:
they are not good take it from someone they have screwed
:( it gets me made when people get screwed or some takes their money without ever shipping the item

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well remember, it's hit and miss with a body kit. No two car panels will line up exactly. You can take two cars pulled off the assembly line at the same time take the doors and and swap em and neither on of them will line up when they bolt on.

You have to work the bumpers to get them to fit and look good. Between urethane and fiberglass, fiberglass WILL look better. Urethane is plastic and won't break. It'll end up being "Choices, choices." Show car or daily driver.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a daily driver, and I dont want fiberglass in the event that it gets damaged, b/c im on a limited budget (still in high school).

Im thinking about just going to abcexclusive.com and getting the cobra r front bumper (my stang has the same paint as the cobra r).

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well, if it's around 7oz of fiberglass, it's gonna take alot to crack it. Like a racoon smacking into it, and then the urthane bumper would be broke to.

Fiberglass isn't as week as lot of people think. The only difference on a daily driver between fiberglass and urthane is, that fiberglass may crack while the may just chip of on a urethane bumper if you were to run up on a curb.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How will fiberglass look better than urethane? Does paint adhere to fiberglass better?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
When they paint fiberglass or urethane they add a flex additive so that when the part flexes, the paint won't chip off. Kinda like if your were to paint a motorcylce seat and when you put your hand down on it, the paint cracks. The additive stops that.

I'm saying if you have the extra money for urethane get it. If the kit you want only comes in fiberglass don't let that discourage you from getting it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts