Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,010 Posts
$30 COP rebuild kit, Autolite or Motorcraft copper plugs. Do plugs and COP rebuild every 30k miles. Done. Don't overthink and do yourself a favor and don't believe anything you see advertised until you actually fact check (which you did). There really isn't much you can do for more power to these cars with bolt ons besides exhaust and a tune.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Scotty - do you have a link for a rebuild kit on the COPs? I'd like to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Same here on the rebuild kit Scotty...would love a link! I am the second owner of my car and I usually change out all of the fluids and such when I buy a used car but I work overseas and don't get home much so I am taking this opportunity to gain some peace of mind.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Well I never really said I noticed an improvement with the MSD!.. Just that I've had them in for over 2 years and zero issues!.. My car is my DD year round here in MI too!.. It's also my Show Car and Track Toy!.. When I'm able to!.. ?

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?
I know that you didn't say that.
I was trying to use your experience as an example of how swapping to an aftermarket part may give the impression of an improvement in performance. But in reality, it was the loss of performance from a failed part that made it seem like there was an improvement when the new aftermarket part was installed.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Do you have Cliffy's site saved in your favorites? I swear I can never remember the name of it until you post up a link
Lol.
No. I don't. But probably should.
I've gotten to where I remember the name most of the time. But I've had to Google his name, and the word "Mustang", plenty of times in the past, and search around a bit to find it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Lol.
You have a hell of a lot more than those coils to make your engine seem more responsive!

I'll bet that if we did a "blind" test, and swapped between the MSD and Motorcraft coils on your car, that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference which coils were installed on your car.
I have them on mine and while responsiveness didn't seem to change it did run smoother.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I know that you didn't say that.

I was trying to use your experience as an example of how swapping to an aftermarket part may give the impression of an improvement in performance. But in reality, it was the loss of performance from a failed part that made it seem like there was an improvement when the new aftermarket part was installed.

Ok. I got ya!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
When scotty refers to cop rebuild kit, he's talking about replacement coil boots. The rubber piece with the metal spring and rod inside that connects the plug to the coil.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 2000 mustang gt I bought new and added a paxton novi 2000 in 2007.My mechanic/tuner recommended msd coils and I have been using them since 2007 with no prolems other than replacing boots about 2 years ago.I have been using ngk plugs since my novi install with with good results.I am not saying I made extra horsepower with these parts,just that I hear these parts are trash from people that never used them.

·
Super Moderator
18,010 Posts
Search DG508 boot and spring on amazon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow! All negative reviews...I would not have guessed that! Thanks guys! Any spark plug tips? Like I said earlier I have my eye on the NGK G-Power Iridium plugs.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have these msd coils on my 04 mustang for 10+ years not a single issue what so ever

·
Super Moderator
18,010 Posts
1 post to say that? Ok... A lot of ppl won't have issues. They still are a downgrade from the OEM coils.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts