·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pointers or tips when installing one of these

·
Registered
493 Posts
If its just the cap you're puttin on, it should be straightforward. Just remove the wires from your old cap and put on new one first. Make sure to do one wire at a time. Unclip old cap and clip new one on. Here's a pic in case you get wires mixed up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need help followed the diagram now she won't start

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IS there a reason why msd is on the back of the face the engine I have a feeling that my cap is backwards any idea guys on what to do?

image-3119681098.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm not sure bud. Turn it around and try it. It can't hurt anything. From the wires I can see, your firing order looks correct!

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it to stArt but runs really bad something it up

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna take a break and come back to it

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yea man. Make sure you follow that pic closely, wire by wire. I had to re-do mine like 3 times cause I was a wire off when I looked at it...lol!

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When u guys look at my pic does like my clips are in the wrong spot?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I replaced the rotor to could that be a problem

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Adogg said:
When u guys look at my pic does like my clips are in the wrong spot?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I replaced the rotor to could that be a problem
Rotor only goes in one way. :good:

·
Registered
493 Posts
The clips that hold down the cap? That stuff all looked good man. They could only go one place. Did you end up turnin the cap so the MSD is right side up?

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
91notchback said:
The clips that hold down the cap? That stuff all looked good man. They could only go one place. Did you end up turnin the cap so the MSD is right side up?
I can't make the msd sign cause it won't fit on if it is facing me the clips are just pointing the wron direction compared to the diagram

·
Registered
493 Posts
Naw man. That's all good how you have it. Go through your wires one at a time again, making sure they're on there nice and snug.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ is that the firing order for 5.0 302?

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is my old one and the diagram says 1 is next to the clip but my old cap says it is two away from the clip?
image-605936506.jpg

·
Registered
493 Posts
Go off of the last pic I posted. Put the #1 wire where your old cap says too. Follow the firing order ccw like the last pic I posted said too.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Pretty sure I ran into the same problem last time now that I think about it...:facepalm

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahahahahha Iiiiiii diidddd itttttt I just did it over again from we're the original cap said to and made sure all the wires were right which they weren't the first time I did it this way

1 - 20 of 22 Posts