Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced plugs, wires and the coil pack. I have been looking at replacing the coil pack again with the msd one from american muscle.

Whos running one? And what do you think of it? Is it worth replacing my brand new motorcraft pack?

Im not interested in the screamin demon one, the guys I know running them have had nothing but problems.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,876 Posts
I recently replaced plugs, wires and the coil pack. I have been looking at replacing the coil pack again with the msd one from american muscle.

Whos running one? And what do you think of it? Is it worth replacing my brand new motorcraft pack?

Im not interested in the screamin demon one, the guys I know running them have had nothing but problems.
The MSD coil pack is a great! The MSD Coil pack will produce a hotter spark that burns fuel more completely releasing all its potential energy translating into better fuel economy and more power.

However, if you just replaced your stock coil pack with an OE set up the improvements may not be as large (Compared to an old coil pack that needs replacing).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the future.

-Dan

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't know if it is still on AM but I know there was one that was the same price (maybe a little cheaper) as the SD coil pack ( made by accel I think) that actually produced a hotter spark that the SD. Had better reviews too

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've had the SD for about 4 months and no problems knock on wood. I'd just run with the current one you have until it goes out. No need to waste money spend it on diffrent mods

·
Registered
359 Posts
If it gives any sort of gains over the stock one, then it is worth it. Im just not seeing any proof of gains.
Oops I thought he said he had bough new one an wanted to go with another one instead of the SD yea of course go with a new coil pack if you can. The SD made my starts so much cleaner and faster.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I do have a new motorcraft on it, and am looking at buying the msd.
They say 10 Hp but I honestly didn't feel it. Only thing is a better and quicker start. That's just cause my factory one was going bad. I don't have an MSD coil pack so idk if it'll give you any feel able gains.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts