Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is Dwayne. I'm new to this forum but have owned plenty of mustangs before. Ive just been out of the loop for a long long time(the wife)! My question is I recently yanked the motor of my 89 gt to go through the motor. I installed a new MSD distributor but it's not labeled as to where number one is for the plug wire so I'm kind of lost and I don't want to do damage to it or it might be my last mustang. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Here is a picture showing the number 1 plug wire position.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I have number one at tdc the distributor should be placed in that position? Or do I leave it semi looseand move the cap there?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So if I have number one at tdc the distributor should be placed in that position? Or do I leave it semi looseand move the cap there?
With the engine on #1 cylinder TDC, the rotor inside the distributor should be pointed at #1 plug wire on the cap, which should be approximately in that position.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I really do appreciate yalls help! It's been a long time since I've messed with a car.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Man I really do appreciate yalls help! It's been a long time since I've messed with a car.
You're welcome, glad we could help. :good:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts