Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a blown 1988, 302. It has a msd ignition ****** on it that the guy who owned it before me installed. I raced a hemi truck yesterday and looked back and noticed black smoke coming out everywhere. I know thats just too much fuel, but i was wondering how do you adjust the timing. How do you know which way to go on it and how far do you adjust it. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So anybody think they know about this

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I tried researching it but couldnt find anything on it.

I'll keep looking but nothing yet. Is there no other way on your engine to tune your car. Cause fromt he sounds of it your running really rich.... I dont know much about the way your car works.. I know ore about the newer cars and tuning those

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think that if I adjust it will lean because of retarding the timing am I correct or not, and I also dont know can you adjust while its running or do you do it when the engine is off? And also my car is carbeurated if that helps

·
Registered
583 Posts
sorry I haven't have the pleasure to work with an MSD personally, but if I remember from asking questions at MMOH meets that its as simple as turning a control on the unit

don't quote me on that...

contact MSD, they have tech support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts