Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my distributor cap/rotor, coil and plug wires. Which brand is best?? Going on a 95 gt.....

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Also, what plugs do yall recommend?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I run fms 9mm wires but 8mm wires are fine. The mm of the plug wire is just the thickness of the insulation on the wire and won't gain u any more power or spark. Msd and mallory are good and i have heard taylor wires are good too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have always used MSD. For no other reason than when I was younger I thought red looked bad ass. I guess it just stuck. Maybe if an ignition company decided all of their products were going to be a distinct green I would buy them instead. Green is great and green means go and I like to go!

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I've tried them all over the years and IMO, MSD outperforms the competitors by a good margin. I've used the MSD ignition boxes, distributors, coils and wires, all with good results.

For wires I would use the MSD Super Conductors or the Taylor Thundervolt 50. The lower the resistance is in the wire the more spark energy you can get to the plug.

When choosing an MSD distributor, choose carefully because some models only work with their ignition box.

For spark plugs the Autolites are one of the best choices and they won't "break the bank" when buying them. Do not waste your money on any of the "gimmick" spark plugs, as they are just that, a gimmick to get your money.
For an increase in spark at the plug tip and possible mileage improvements you can modify them as shown in the "Useful Info" sticky thread, but note that doing those mods will reduce the plug's useful life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts