Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was looking at a '14 V6 mustang 6 speed and was just curious on the status of the mt82 issues. I love the retro look and want to make sure to get in my muscle before ford goes with the "global" design. I know there arent many '14 owners yet but are '13 models having the same issues that plagued the 11-12's? I love the car, just not able to find any information on the transmission being revised to solve the issues that plagued a few of the stangs since the inception of the mt82. I appreciate any info!

Thanks, Matthew

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
They revised the fluid and made some other minor changes for 13. Mine is notchy in first and second and I have had a few shifting issues but not too bad. I did do the barton shifter bracket which makes a huge difference over the stock bracket and is a 30 min swap and inexpensive. I would not be afraid of getting the mt82. Most are happy with it IMO. The automatics are very nice too and I would test drive both if you are scared of getting a bad manual... That said, every manufacturer has issues with something... If I were to do it again I would still get the manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts