Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Using a transfer pump which costs about $10 is easier than having to disassemble the center console. That shifter boot is a pain to put back on. With the pump you can fill it from under the car.

Great guide though. I was curious to see how people filled it through the shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
49 Posts
In 100% agreement. Changed mine twice with the Amsoil pump.

Using a transfer pump which costs about $10 is easier than having to disassemble the center console. That shifter is a pain to put back on. With the pump you can fill it from under the car.

Great guide though. I was curious to see how people filled it through the shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
545 Posts
That gear oil stinks if you end up spilling any inside your car interior. I vote for the pump from underneath method.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just changed mine with Royal Purple

I just changed mine in my 2012 GT 6 spd with Royal Purple and it shifts much smoother I used a pump from Harbor Freight i bought for approx $7.00 and it worked great. It has in and out hoses and a plunger pump. Great pump for the money. I would recommend that you remove the filler plug not just loosen because when draining the fluid in gurgles and splashes making a mess otherwise.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts