Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on my mufflers again and my drivers side one keeps pulling over to the left when I drive. I can fix it when I stop but as soon as I drive on it again, it shakes back over. Any good way to keep it centered?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
might have to tweak the mounts a little. what brand? pypes are known for having to have some fitment issues. ive had a set of m80's that the tips were like that and also a set of pype bombs that were also always moving around and never really got the drivers side right.

·
Registered
730 Posts
When I installed my roush the driver side was way off centered, I just loosened the clap just enough to be able to move and center the muffler, held it there and tightened the clamp back and perfect! It's been a week a still perfect!

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
If you (or road vibration) are able to have the axle back muffler move, then it's not tightened down enough at its flange connection.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just loosen the flange connection, center your muffler and hold it or have a friend hold it centered while you re-tighten. Work perfectly!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem seems to be when I drive, it vibrates out of the hanger closest to the back of the car, causing it to move to the left.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Does that hanger have a stopper welded on the end of it? It really shouldn't vibrate out of the holder, but if it doesn't have the stopper on the end I can see it being a problem! Is it your stock mufflers or aftermarket?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I just had to loosen the axel back to straighten it. But if it doesn't work for you do what black on black says.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are after market I've never had this proven before even without the stopper. I might need to take it off and just put it back on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts