Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what would happen if I were to remove my mufflers? I know it would sound louder but what are the pros and cons?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Pros, you would see a small HP gain and get a super loud and deep exhaust note. Cons, if you live in the city or in a quiet town you will most likely get messed with by the cops. Some places you get lucky and the cops will tolerate it, other places they write tickets.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Just noticed you live in Cali also, most places in Cali you will fail the SMOG visual testing without mufflers, you need some form of muffler and cannot exceed 93 decibels, or you will fail.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Gio2013 said:
Does anyone know what would happen if I were to remove my mufflers? I know it would sound louder but what are the pros and cons?
If u do muffler deletes u will lose back pressure and end up actually losing HP while gaining a super loud aggressive exhaust tone. Get a Axlebacks that gives u the tone u want while being street legal and keeping the back pressure I would recommend any of the three types of Borla's or Roush ones. I personally have BBK Full length headers and xpipe with high flow cats, GT resonators and Roush Axlebacks an my car is better sounding than most V8's with after markets exhausts

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think deletes sound terrible. It's too raspy. But my personal preference is more of a deep subdued note.
I pulled my cats off for a day and would agree with this 100%. The exhaust note sounds MEAN while you are still and it sounds pretty good (still very very loud) when you accelerate slowly the second you give it some gas you get that dreaded rasp and ping sound. I would stick with axel back's as suggested, the magniflows are popular as are the roush ones. Im sure it depends on where you live but I can get a Roush axel back installed at my dealer for $600 or $700 with a lifetime warranty. If your in Cali where you need to meet emissions, axel back is your best bet for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the info. I've decided to get some magnaflows instead. I don't want to lose hp or get that rasp noise.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Gio2013 said:
Thanks guys for the info. I've decided to get some magnaflows instead. I don't want to lose hp or get that rasp noise.
I have muffler deletes on mine and I love them and I lost no power what so ever.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
I have muffler deletes on mine and I love them and I lost no power what so ever.
Are you sure about that? R u running with catts and then straight pipe? Cuz with no mufflers you lose back pressure and lose HP

·
Registered
488 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Are you sure about that? R u running with catts and then straight pipe? Cuz with no mufflers you lose back pressure and lose HP
I have cats right now will be deleting them soon... My 0-60 is better and I didnt lose top end. I ran straight pipes on my Mach1 and raptor.

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Mustang32Bill said:
I have cats right now will be deleting them soon... My 0-60 is better and I didnt lose top end. I ran straight pipes on my Mach1 and raptor.
And had zero problems with losing hp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts