Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So couple things here for starters if you have muffler deletes have you ever been pulled over just for excessive noise? Will I be passed for inspection with no mufflers in texas from what ive read that's a no.. and how does the installation process work and comments greatly appreciated

·
Registered
861 Posts
So couple things here for starters if you have muffler deletes have you ever been pulled over just for excessive noise? Will I be passed for inspection with no mufflers in texas from what ive read that's a no.. and how does the installation process work and comments greatly appreciated
If you cut off your mufflers your car will be LOUD. You can just take it to any muffler shop and ask them to remove them. Ask around for prices and search for reviews. My .02

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you cut off your mufflers your car will be LOUD. You can just take it to any muffler shop and ask them to remove them. Ask around for prices and search for reviews. My .02
This is exactly what I did for a while, all the work they did, bending and cutting the pipe all I was charged was 40 bucks for 4 welds. Just make sure to eye the exhaust tips yourself to make sure they're hung where you want them.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
OP,

If you're interested in muffler deletes, check out Pypes Pype-Bomb axle-back. They're a muffler delete axle back but have some baffles to add a nice tone to the exhaust. This may help keep some attention from the fact you have no mufflers, since it will take some rasp away.

Don't get me wrong, it's still going to be loud as hell! Lol I just think it won't be as obvious you're missing mufflers!

Shane

·
Registered
325 Posts
OP,

If you're interested in muffler deletes, check out Pypes Pype-Bomb axle-back. They're a muffler delete axle back but have some baffles to add a nice tone to the exhaust. This may help keep some attention from the fact you have no mufflers, since it will take some rasp away.

Don't get me wrong, it's still going to be loud as hell! Lol I just think it won't be as obvious you're missing mufflers!

Shane
^^This. Pypes Bombs have a very nice, mellow resonated sound that still manages to scream. A friend of mine has them and they sound hella good. You also have the Flowmaster Outlaws. I used to own a set of these (sold them yesterday) and while they claim that it's a muffler, I don't put much stock to that. They're really just a muffler delete with a mile resonated canister in the middle.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i love my pype bombs! i live in texas and theyre.muffler.deletes which is illegal, but no i have not been pulled over for they are not that loud. Also to get someone to pass you in inspection is fairly easy if thats it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The rasp has gotten worse. My whole exhaust is just rasp tere is no smooth sounds at all it's just 100% rasp. Trying to talk my uncle into trading me his stock gt500 axle back but if not and I can't trade them I think I may buy the MAC axle back or RTR axle back
I don't think the rasp got worse I think you did what I did with the roush. They sounded different with the O/R x to the point you were giddy and excited and once that wore off it was....oh...this is terrible. Haha.

Exactly why I dumped the roush. Was rasp city.

If your gonna look at the RTR for what 550? Why not save a little more and get the Borla S-Types? 100% worth it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't think the rasp got worse I think you did what I did with the roush. They sounded different with the O/R x to the point you were giddy and excited and once that wore off it was....oh...this is terrible. Haha.

Exactly why I dumped the roush. Was rasp city.

If your gonna look at the RTR for what 550? Why not save a little more and get the Borla S-Types? 100% worth it.
Ya I thought about borla but I wanted something a little different. Not to mention I have never seen a mustang with the RTRs or the MAC. Seriously leaning towards the MACs or maybe the kooks. Hell I just need something and ya I think your right about the excitement wearing off, I haven't even been cat less for a week and it's already almost a embarrassment to drive

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ya I thought about borla but I wanted something a little different. Not to mention I have never seen a mustang with the RTRs or the MAC. Seriously leaning towards the MACs or maybe the kooks. Hell I just need something and ya I think your right about the excitement wearing off, I haven't even been cat less for a week and it's already almost a embarrassment to drive
If I were you, I'd look into the Corsa Extremes, they are really loud when your on it, mild at idle, and no drone on Highway! The best of all worlds!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
If I were you, I'd look into the Corsa Extremes, they are really loud when your on it, mild at idle, and no drone on Highway! The best of all worlds!!
I have looked at those and love the tips. You have them?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Sense this isn't in the classified section I will post again here, I'm looking to trade my pype bomb, will take almost any other after market axle back or $175 for mine. I will be in Atlanta mid part of next month and I am going to be putting mystick mufflers back in if nobody wants to trade or buy these.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have looked at those and love the tips. You have them?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Sense this isn't in the classified section I will post again here, I'm looking to trade my pype bomb, will take almost any other after market axle back or $175 for mine. I will be in Atlanta mid part of next month and I am going to be putting mystick mufflers back in if nobody wants to trade or buy these.
Yeah I have the Corsa Extremes... They are worth every penny! No drone on the highway is a far cry from what my Saleen F150 is like, and to be honest it makes driving a better experience, I have the sound when I want, and don't when I don't want it! Sounds amazing around town.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yeah I have the Corsa Extremes... They are worth every penny! No drone on the highway is a far cry from what my Saleen F150 is like, and to be honest it makes driving a better experience, I have the sound when I want, and don't when I don't want it! Sounds amazing around town.
+1.

I have they Corsa Sports... Great tone , no drone.

I wish i had got the extremes though. A touch too quiet at idle.

(By the way, these bad boys do not rust like some cheaper exhausts... The tips look brand new after 2 1/2 years)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Never been pulled over in Cali, deletes for over 2 years over 50k miles on em and no issues... With sound at least

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am going to have to look I to them. Right now I'm about to pretty much redo everything. Going to be ordering a pro chamber here in a week or two and hopefully that should clean the sound up a little then ill decide on new axle back

1 - 20 of 23 Posts