Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/stock-gt-muffler-mod.991708/

I was thinking about trying the second option of cutting the outlet pipe in the bigger chamber. Would I be able to weld it back up with my mig welder or would I need to take it to a muffler shop?

Do y'all think that would make it as loud as the stock GT500 mufflers?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks like a lot of work to me. May be easier to search for good deal on real GT500 mufflers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a lot of work to me. May be easier to search for good deal on real GT500 mufflers.
I’ve actually found a great deal on some GT500’s that are already modified for the V6, but the guy doesn’t want to ship them from Tampa, FL.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Understand,
Shipping can be a hassle. I have a set of Mustang V6 MBRPs that have only been used a couple of days & some halogen projector headlights for my F150 I can't get rid of. Had several offers on each but all require shipping. Gets expensive when you have to pay for box & packing for some items.

Good luck,

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understand,
Shipping can be a hassle. I have a set of Mustang V6 MBRPs that have only been used a couple of days & some halogen projector headlights for my F150 I can't get rid of. Had several offers on each but all require shipping. Gets expensive when you have to pay for box & packing for some items.

Good luck,
Well the seller sold them right out from under me! He was getting a quote for shipping and then sold them to someone else. At least I didn’t send him any money.

Looks like I’ll be cutting open my GT mufflers.

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
Or just... buy better mufflers?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I found a nice set of GT500 mufflers near by. The kid that had them thought they were stock GT mufflers and listed them on FB for $40, so I jump on them. It cost me $80 to have them put on, so they cost me $30 less than the GT muffler I had.

They fill the cutouts a lot better than I thought they would. The sound is unbelievable!! They sound a little exotic to me but under an overpass or next to a wall they sound like a muscle car. If I put the gear selector in 2nd and let it slow me down you hear pop, pop, pop, boom! YouTube videos don’t do it justice. You have to hear it in person to really enjoy it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts