Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a muffler installed on my car right now (factory exhaust) which provides a good enough low tone sound for me (way better than the factory v6 exhaust sound) but my friend's got a '98 v6 and has dual flowmaster exhaust setup for his car and he says that dual exhaust sounds way better than having just a single exhaust with mufflers. is that true? do people prefer dual exhaust conversions than just installing a muffler? if I were to go with duals, what should I go for (I plan on staying with flowmaster)?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I suggest either divorced( no mid pipe) or h pipe. If you want it LOUD then look into a cat less or high flow cats

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
We both live in Cali so these smog laws suck hard... As long as you don't mess with the cats then everything afterward (catback) you can do whatever you want as long as you have any form of muffler and don't exceed 93 decibels. You can also do headers but those need to be CARB compliant or else you will fail the visual. However, if you have "defective" cats then you can get them replaced with some high flow ones that are CARB compliant... Most of the time a company will either say if it is CARB compliant, 50 state legal (also means CARB compliant), or off road use only (not CARB compliant)

Since the mid pipes in these cars come after the cats you don't have to worry.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts