Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the mufflers removed and custom bent straight pipe put in place for $70 at a local shop. If you're on a budget I would highly recommend this. It is raspy but I love the way it sounds and the drone is minimal. I was kinda skeptical watching videos but in person it sounds much better. I plan on replacing the bullet mufflers/resonators with dynomax race bullets eventually.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the same thing on mine and like it also . Although others might find it a little raspy like you said . I wonder if the race bullets would sound better ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
134 Posts
I run a catless h pipe with dynomax race bullets for muffler. It's loud and drones in the car. Sounds good though. My neighbors and even my wife hate me when I start the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run a catless h pipe with dynomax race bullets for muffler. It's loud and drones in the car. Sounds good though. My neighbors and even my wife hate me when I start the car.

Was there a point when you just had the bullets with the stock h pipe? If so how did that sound? Also did you make a YouTube video? I saw one where a guy had catless and bullets and it sounded awesome but very loud.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same thing on mine and like it also . Although others might find it a little raspy like you said . I wonder if the race bullets would sound better ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution[/QUO

I went from straight pipes on my challenger to dynomax bullets and they made ahuge difference. They take a lot of the drone out and toned it down quiete a bit. It was nice and deep. I was really surprised. After the insides burned out after around 5-10 thousand miles I noticed they became louder but still not near as loud as straight pipe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I do not have a video of my set up unfortunately. I did run the race bullets for a while with the stock h pipe and I didn't care for the tone. It was kind of bland and no character. Going to a catless h pipe helped a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts