Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im finally hooking up my new take offs and im wonders how the stock gt mufflers sound? and should i get a new set? and if i do im thinking either 1)warlocks 2)magna flows 3)dyno max 4)mac paths. does any one know where i can get 2 of these, hopfuly for about 100 bucks. thanks for the help
mike

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fisher i think im gettina set of dnyo max mufflers, u think they would sound any diffrent on a 99+ car? and u most have your nieghbors happy ravving in the middle of the night:lol: .

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
they sounded great when I was mostly stock but people with 99+ have said they were to quiet. on 94-98 they sound fine stock with a nice rumble. With the cam, heads and intakes my car is insanely bad ass sounding

·
Registered
386 Posts
It doesnt matter what people suggest. Listen to them yourself, you'll never get what you want if you listen to other people. Exhaust tones are all about the owner. Pick one you like.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
the problem with picking one you like though, is its hard to find someone with the same mufflers youre trying to get with the same setup and everything. People pretty much have to go on opinion now days since sound clips really dont do much justice, and since theres so many choices and so many different mufflers youd want to hear. Its just not realistic to think youll be able to hear every muffler youre considering on a car just like yours. Id just take peoples opinions for what theyre worth. My opinion is i dont like flowmasters... my friends got them on his 00 with 2 cats removed and they sound good in low rpms, but up high they sound like somones beating a crowbar to a tin can... horrible IMO

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
232stang said:
i think my flowmasters sound good but what im wondering is if they are restrictive
Dont really worry to much about gains especially if you have a mostly stock engine the net HP gain with a flow thru is maybe 1- 2 hp max. It gets more critical when you have a Cobra where the wrong mufflers can cost you 15 or more HP, but on stock V6 motors it is no way near that critical
If you like the sound keep the Flows!!!;)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
No problem I really try to educate people from getting spending money chasing every time they see something different. You can spend thousands of dollars trying to gain very little. I bought all the bolt ons they had any gain then I went to the heads , cam and intakes. I dont sweat mufflers or the difference between X or H pipe especially when it comes to V6 motors

1 - 17 of 17 Posts