Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, I'm building a custom side exhaust thing. Is there any room in front of the area of the rear axles for mufflers? I don't really wanna go back to go forward, to go out the side. Also, which would sound best: Dynomax or Magnaflow? Sponsers, if you wanna make me an offer, I'd be happy to take a look. I really want to run dual mufflers. Could I maybe run it along side the driveshaft, not CLOSE to it, but near it, but just turn it? Or is that a big no no? And yes, I'm cutting my side skirts... and I'm constructing rectangular exhaust tube after the mufflers. It will give me more ground clearance than round tube, and I am maintaining equivalent volume of tubing. I understand this means the tube must be about 3''-4'' wide. I have a 4' by 4' sheet, I'll have plenty.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can buy side exit mufflers that have the inlet and the exit on the same side of the muffler, pretty easy to get some, then you just run the flow tube from the H or what ever (if its a v6 you need to buy a pacesetter dual exhaust adapter and some flow tubes to bolt up to it then weld the other end of the flow tubes to the inlet on the muffler, then bend you some pipe out of the muffler over to the side skirts, but the stock side skirts probably are not low enough and the stock frame will get in the way .... but im sure you have taken care to look at what you are dealing with adn taken off the side skirt to see what kind of clerance you are gonna have to work around. check with some of the site sponsors at the bottom of the forum page they can direct you to products that you need/dont want to fab up, you can buy a pre made fully side exhaust kit from spintech i know.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
side exhaust=$1000.... MY JOB....$200

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no longer doing the side exhaust anyway, here come straight pipes I guess, still have the Magnapacks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts