Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was going to say it is your throttle body but now it seems like your transmission is failing. I would still try replacing the TB since it is an easy fix and less the $100. There have been quite a few failed TB's and not many failed trannys.
It’s not the TB, cuz I’ve replaced it already and replaced everything else you could think of 😅

·
Registered
5 Posts

It is most likely your 6RO80 lead frame and/or valve body. I did some research and it is not uncommon.
thanks a lot for the video and the suggestions, but if it was what you said it is shouldn't it show when you pop on the scanner ? I'm currently reading no codes and show no sign of these parts being defective.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys.

I have a huge problem.

I have a Ford Mustang 2012 V6 automatic.

After a car wash 5 weeks ago, I suddenly lost power during driving. Eventhough
I pressed on the gas pedal, the car didn't go any faster, but the RPM increased.
After a restart, it ran fine again for 4 days. Then the whole problems started.
Since then, I had the problem everyday. Sometimes it happens after driving 20 minutes,
somtimes it happens right away after driving out of my garage. I am not sure if the
car wash had anything to do with it or if it was the very hot weather that day that
triggered it the first time.

The first time the problem occured, the limp home mode light showed up. But this was
only once. After the restart, it was gone forever. I remember that the speedometer
needle sometimes bounced around when the problem occured or that it stayed at zero
even when I was driving. Also, one time when I tried to turn off the AC, it took 5
seconds before it reacted.

If the problem occurs in "drive" and I move into "reverse", the car doesn't move a bit
and only the RPM increases. After a restart, the "reverse" works. At least so much that
I can drive a few meters in reverse mode. So everytime the problem shows up and I try
to drive reverse, I have to restart the car before the swap from D to R works.

Anyways. I just got the car back from my dealer. The error codes showed that the
molded lead frame had to be replaced. It was done. I waited 2 weeks and thought
that the car finally works again.

But when I was drving home, the problem came again. I restarted, and I made it back
home without it showing up again. It seems that the molded lead frame swap didn't do
anything.

I cleaned the MAF-sensor and the Throttle Body. Nothing changed. I think I may have
****ed something up when I washed my car. I washed it from the front and I think that
water may have went into the engine. Maybe ignition plugs got wet?

My dealer said there is nothing he can really do. He also said that ignition etc. could
not be the reason as there would be lights on and so on. But I do not think that.

I hope someone here can help me out.
Hi literally have the same problem with my v6 please let me know on how did you fix the problem, honestly getting frustrated now

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi literally have the same problem with my v6 please let me know on how did you fix the problem, honestly getting frustrated now
Is your Stang an automatic built between 8/19/11 and 2/21/12? If so there is a known transmission problem with those cars which had a recall in 2016. My 2012 was built in July 2011 and no problems with the auto so far.

Dealers will inspect the powertrain control module for diagnostic trouble codes tied to the issue. If no related diagnostic trouble codes are present, dealers will update the powertrain control module software, which will eliminate the downshift into first gear if an OSS fault occurs. Additionally, as part of the corresponding customer satisfaction program, Ford will provide a one-time replacement of the lead frame at no charge within 10 years or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date. If related diagnostic trouble codes are present, dealers will update the powertrain control module software and replace the lead frame at no cost to the customer.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...es-three-safety-recalls-and-two-safety-co.pdf

·
Registered
436 Posts
thanks a lot for the video and the suggestions, but if it was what you said it is shouldn't it show when you pop on the scanner ? I'm currently reading no codes and show no sign of these parts being defective.
I just wanted to inform you that transmission trouble codes cannot be read by most scanners and you probably need to go to Ford to read them.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts