Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have mustang 2013 v6 3.7 and i have mpg problem im get 12 mpg in freeway also on city same..... i was changed sparkplugs. air filter . and i was scanned with launch x431tool there is no any error code

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
12???
:eek:

That is way off of what you should be seeing.

What is the history of this car? Have any modifications been done to it.
How long have you owned it?
Is this something that all of a sudden started happening?
Have you verified the mpg's by calculating the gallons of fuel used, and dividing that by the number of miles traveled?
Or are you relying solely on the vehicle's computer to determine the mpg's?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
That's definitely not right, and not good if the calculation is correct. You are either burning too much fuel, or losing it due to a leak.

My 2002 GT gets an average of 18.5mpg around town, and I've seen 29mpg on trips. That is with the car pushing around 315 Mickey Thomsons in the rear with 275s up front. So I have more rolling resistance. My car is also a convertible.

So with that minor comparison, something isn't right with your car or calculations.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I would clean the throttle body. Lots of youtube videos on how to do it. If that doesn't help, you have a fuel 'leak' somewhere :(. I get 20-21 mpg in town mpg with an automatic with 3.73 gears. Keep us posted on how things go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
12???
:eek:

That is way off of what you should be seeing.

What is the history of this car? Have any modifications been done to it.
How long have you owned it?
Is this something that all of a sudden started happening?
Have you verified the mpg's by calculating the gallons of fuel used, and dividing that by the number of miles traveled?
Or are you relying solely on the vehicle's computer to determine the mpg's?
i was buy about 1 months all stock nothing changed
otometer 75000 miles car history is clean

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would clean the throttle body. Lots of youtube videos on how to do it. If that doesn't help, you have a fuel 'leak' somewhere :(. I get 20-21 mpg in town mpg with an automatic with 3.73 gears. Keep us posted on how things go.
yeah i was cleaned throttle body and maf sensor also changed air filter engine oil sparkplugs also I've tried scan with diagnostik tool not showing any error code

·
Registered
426 Posts
Are you going by the cars computer or actually measuring how far are you going between fill-ups? You cannot trust the computer. Also does the car smell of gasoline? Perhaps you have a leak. What are your RPM's at 60MPH? They should be under 2000. There is no way you can get the same mileage city and highway unless you are not shifting into overdrive.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think you need to reset the MPG computer, mine goes down that far if I don't reset it for 5 or 6 tanks since I seldom get on the freeway but resetting it brings it up into the 20-25 range for a bit.
Is the Car a base model (Cloth Seats) or a premium (Leather Seats) because the Premium has an instant MPG readout on the 2013.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Something very hay-wire here. Our 14 V6 PP averages 25 mpg in the mountains. Better than 30mpg @75 mph on trips.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Something very hay-wire here. Our 14 V6 PP averages 25 mpg in the mountains. Better than 30mpg @75 mph on trips.
You aren't driving hard enough Ox :whistling:
Mine gets 12-13 in the mountains pulling over 1G :cool: :thumb:
:hide:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you going by the cars computer or actually measuring how far are you going between fill-ups? You cannot trust the computer. Also does the car smell of gasoline? Perhaps you have a leak. What are your RPM's at 60MPH? They should be under 2000. There is no way you can get the same mileage city and highway unless you are not shifting into overdrive.
no there is no any gasoline smell
for 20L gasoline i driving about 55 56 Mile Automatic transsmision

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Have someone drive behind (following) you. Floor the gas pedal for a little while. Do the people following you see a lot of 'black' exhaust come out of your tailpipes?

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
no there is no any gasoline smell
for 20L gasoline i driving about 55 56 Mile Automatic transsmision
It's worse than you thought... That is about 10.5 mpg!

All of that fuel has to be going somewhere. It is not possible for the engine to burn that much, under normal driving conditions, and run well, if at all. You would undoubtedly have a diagnostic trouble code (At least one), and the engine would be running horribly if there is indeed that much fuel passing through it.

Since there are no codes, and you did not mention any other symptoms other than the excessive fuel consumption, is it possible that someone could be siphoning fuel from your car in the middle of the night?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Since there are no codes, and you did not mention any other symptoms other than the excessive fuel consumption, is it possible that someone could be siphoning fuel from your car in the middle of the night?
That's what I was thinking. Someone is stealing gas.

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,953 Posts
The stock sensor, do not replace it. Hand calculate your mileage. Get a locking gas cap. Go from there. You have a leak, someone is stealing your gas or your math is wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The stock sensor, do not replace it. Hand calculate your mileage. Get a locking gas cap. Go from there. You have a leak, someone is stealing your gas or your math is wrong.
car in my garage no way someone is stealing i thing mass sensor not working good because engine working in idle 600 650 rpm also have a little vibration
i need mass sensor stock KG/H

1 - 20 of 48 Posts