Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
no black ... is clean
Then your gas is getting burned, which is good. Keep us posted on what you end up with fixing your bad MPG :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yes
i think its an sensor problem mass or o2 sensors how can i find engine data strem ? my mass sensor working on 4.5 4.8 KG/H on 600 700RPM

·
Registered
773 Posts
car in my garage no way someone is stealing i thing mass sensor not working good because engine working in idle 600 650 rpm also have a little vibration
i need mass sensor stock KG/H
650rpm at idle is normal. That’s what mine idles at ever since I bought the car in 2013. What country are you in? I only ask that because we don't know your situation and what type of help is available to you.

Can you take the car to a Ford dealership or a trusted mechanic that has experience working on Ford engines? We’re all grasping at straws trying to help you. Maybe it’s time to take your car to a professional mechanic.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
650rpm at idle is normal. That’s what mine idles at ever since I bought the car in 2013. What country are you in? I only ask that because we don't know your situation and what type of help is available to you.

Can you take the car to a Ford dealership or a trusted mechanic that has experience working on Ford engines? We’re all grasping at straws trying to help you. Maybe it’s time to take your car to a professional mechanic.
I think he is in Syria, he has the same question on the source. He used his whole name and I googled it and the country code came up Syria for were he works.
I asked him over there what his octane was but he hasn't answered yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think he is in Syria, he has the same question on the source. He used his whole name and I googled it and the country code came up Syria for were he works.

Fair enough. His location can bring a whole different set of variables into play. It really is a puzzle, been thinking about it for the last couple of days. Really curious how this shakes out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

you are wrong bro im in armenia not syria google says wrong u can check me in fb also you will see my mustang im using 92 92 octane gas

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I and Google have been wrong before, but it is a nice looking red Mustang :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not sure what a g/s is.:confused:

If you just want to start replacing parts, I recommend only using OEM Motorcraft parts.
mass air flow sensor reading Numbers

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

what is the Correct maf g/s for mustang 3.7 ?

If you are talking about air/fuel ratio it is about 14
mass air flow sensor reading Numbers

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Not sure what a g/s is.:confused:

If you just want to start replacing parts, I recommend only using OEM Motorcraft parts.
Grams per Second on air flow and I have been looking but still haven't found it.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Oh. Ok.:shrug:

The rule of thumb is 1 gram per second, per liter. With the engine at idle.
So a 3.7 liter engine should be around 4 grams per second.

If you want a precise number, you can find information such as that in the Ford factory service manual. Or other aftermarket service manual providers such as AllData.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oh. Ok.:shrug:

The rule of thumb is 1 gram per second, per liter. With the engine at idle.
So a 3.7 liter engine should be around 4 grams per second.

If you want a precise number, you can find information such as that in the Ford factory service manual. Or other aftermarket service manual providers such as AllData.
my mass working on 3.25 3.50 on 650 RPM 90temprutare

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
That is probably about right for that air temperature.
If anything, your engine would be running a little lean with that maf reading. In any case, it certainly does not seem to be the cause of your excessive fuel consumption.

Does the engine seem to run good?
Does it make good power all of the way to the engine rpm redline when you give it wide open throttle? With no stumbling or hesitation?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That is probably about right for that air temperature.
If anything, your engine would be running a little lean with that maf reading. In any case, it certainly does not seem to be the cause of your excessive fuel consumption.

Does the engine seem to run good?
Does it make good power all of the way to the engine rpm redline when you give it wide open throttle? With no stumbling or hesitation?
i didn't drive another mustang to check between my car .... but i thing it runs good for 3.7 305 horse power

·
Registered
70 Posts
How long does the car take to catch temperature? Maybe you have the thermostat full open all time, so that the car will be rich much longer until it reaches the correct temp.
If you have a Scantool, check your fuel trim short and long..... and if de close loop are activated... how to know this? your short trim has to be near to "0", posive and after negative amount.
is your MAF sensor dont work property, you have the check ligth on, if your O2 sensor dont work you have check light on.
if you runs rich on right engine temperature, your car runs rought, (can to see a spark plug and check electrodes , this give you a lot information about you inernal combustion..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
How long does the car take to catch temperature? Maybe you have the thermostat full open all time, so that the car will be rich much longer until it reaches the correct temp.
If you have a Scantool, check your fuel trim short and long..... and if de close loop are activated... how to know this? your short trim has to be near to "0", posive and after negative amount.
is your MAF sensor dont work property, you have the check ligth on, if your O2 sensor dont work you have check light on.
if you runs rich on right engine temperature, your car runs rought, (can to see a spark plug and check electrodes , this give you a lot information about you inernal combustion..
yes i have scan tool please tell me what i will checl with scan tool and correct data numbers how much should it work ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You have to find a PID or similar called Fuel Trim. It will show you two values ​​one is the value record in memory during engine live or fuse 47 was removed and is the one expected at that time and is called long fuel trim, and the one that you have to notice is the short fuel trim. This value will vary from positive numbers to negative numbers and must be as close to 0 to a positive value followed by a negative value more or less of the same absolute value.
The value range should not be greater than + 25% - 25% (always speaking of the short fuel trim).
The motor has to be in temperature, since in cold, the O2 probe does not read values.
but... do you check your engine temperature?

I hope to have explained , my English has to improve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You have to find a PID or similar called Fuel Trim. It will show you two values ​​one is the value record in memory during engine live or fuse 47 was removed and is the one expected at that time and is called long fuel trim, and the one that you have to notice is the short fuel trim. This value will vary from positive numbers to negative numbers and must be as close to 0 to a positive value followed by a negative value more or less of the same absolute value.
The value range should not be greater than + 25% - 25% (always speaking of the short fuel trim).
The motor has to be in temperature, since in cold, the O2 probe does not read values.
but... do you check your engine temperature?

I hope to have explained , my English has to improve
yeah thank you
here i was make a video you can watch on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPQdI_XzfA

21 - 40 of 48 Posts