Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Shantd93 and Pelayo you both are doing pretty good with your English since neither of you are from an English speaking country :thumb:
Shantd, have you tried unhooking the battery to reset everything, my Father had a Toyota that he gave me that always used a lot of gas with no check engine light. After Disconnecting the Battery the Check engine light did come on and Throttle body was bad but the light never came on before it was reset.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Stand93, in your scanner, shows that engine temp is 95º celsius, its on right temp, but, your O2 Sensor Heater is on. your car in this moment, are in open loop, so, runs rich. you can see only te long term fuel rich, the 02sensor don´t work. the ecu try to lean the fuel mix arround 6.5 % by bank.
try to scan it after runs one hour.......
the O2 sensor for start close loop his temp has to be above 700 ºcelsius.

It is strange that if the engine is at 95 degrees the O2 sensor is only 500 ... it is very rare, and of course, being "cold" the EC only sends gasoline, and less air, to take temperature, (rich mixture ) and therefore worse mileage

When O2 sensosr are on temp, short fuel trim start to work to get to the stoichiometric mix of 14.7 and your mileage has to grow up

·
Registered
92 Posts
Stand93, in your scanner, shows that engine temp is 95º celsius, its on right temp, but, your O2 Sensor Hater is on. your car in this moment, are in open loop, so, runs rich. you can see only te long term fuel rich, try to lean the fuel mix arround 6.5 % by bank.

It is strange that if the engine is at 95 degrees the O2 sensor is only 500 ... it is very rare, and of course, being "cold" the EC only sends gasoline, and less air, to take temperature, (rich mixture ) and therefore worse mileage

When O2 sensosr are on temp, short fuel trim start to work to get to the stoichiometric mix of 14.7 and your mileage has to grow up

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you figure it out please post it. I'm lucky enough that I'm getting 22 city and 33 highway. That's doing fill up math not relying on the dash read out which isn't that accurate.
2012 3.7L no mods to engine or tune.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ajkillgore has a good mpg.... my average on12000 is 20.5MPG, but in the highway a lot of time i reach the 112 mile speed limit and in conventional road use a "manual" shift.
The only mod is an airaid tuve 450-945 and a AFE Magnun flow pro Dry filter into the stock air box. the nex week end i change hte stock driveshaft (two pieces) for an aluminiun 3.5' driveshaft made by dinotech ¿? and delete the speed limit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Stand93, in your scanner, shows that engine temp is 95º celsius, its on right temp, but, your O2 Sensor Hater is on. your car in this moment, are in open loop, so, runs rich. you can see only te long term fuel rich, try to lean the fuel mix arround 6.5 % by bank.

i was make new video after 1 hour drive with professional scan tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYHKuErhbE&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1mDAmoaqDF9aJGEAEC_kQ4DWLuIKDjGCJaSPa548b8DR7BfpXsBbCHqes

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Mileage

My 2012 V6 3.7 automatic convertible with 31,000 miles no mods gets:

City about 20 mpg

Highway about 28 mpg (but my highway driving is usually a maximum of 50-60 mph on 2-lane rural roads with traffic lights now and then.)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I really am going to have to stop chirping the tires going into third, my mileage is the same right now on the truck and the car, 15 MPG and the truck has a 6.2 in it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts