Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 mustang gt 5 speed is very hard to put into gears while it is cranked but when the car is shut off and you are not mashing the clutch pedal in it will go into gears good but when the car is shut off and you have the clutch pedal mashed in it wont change either??????so plase tell me wht this could be???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try adjusting the clutch pedal by pulling it toward the driver's seat. The cable is currently too long and the disc is not disengaging which keeps the input shaft spinning......You may need a new clutch cable if the adjusting doesn't take out enough slack. FYI, if you change the tranny oil, it takes ATF...(I use Mobil 1 synthetic to guard my $1,200 Cobra close-ratio gearbox)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Clutch/clutch pedal adjustment.
replace gear oil in the transmission with either Royal Purple 75W90 or Amsoil 75W90.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have four problems: it's the letters on the hood.. F O R D .

But your clutch could be engaging too far, you may have to adjust the linkage back so it's not pushing the clutch back so far, or don't push the pedal down as far, i've had this problem before in some cars, just had to learn not to push the pedal down all the way. And I bought a chevy. Good Luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would check with the dealer to see what kind of fluid the transmission take, although I am highly positive it uses ATF. You will need to bleed out the air in your system. This system is pretty hard to bleed, I have better luck with the pump type.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Under the hood is a plastic reservoir(labeled clutch fluid). Is it full ? If it is low add break fluid, or what ever the owners manual says to. If it is full consult a professional mechanic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts