Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doody of you mustang owners notice that you can hear a exhaust tone and know its a mustangs before you even see it!! They have such a excellent tone !

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Doody of you mustang owners notice that you can hear a exhaust tone and know its a mustangs before you even see it!! They have such a excellent tone !
Doody...

Yes for years I have been able to pick out 4.6L V8s that are stock.

Now when you start getting some of the custom axle backs, specially if I have never heard them, a little harder.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Surprisingly i can only really tell if its a chevy engine or not. One day i just heard one little tone and now whenever i hear one thats instantly what i hear lol. I didn't pick to be able to recognize their tones lol, it just happened one day.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Surprisingly i can only really tell if its a chevy engine or not. One day i just heard one little tone and now whenever i hear one thats instantly what i hear lol. I didn't pick to be able to recognize their tones lol, it just happened one day.
Haha I can pick out a chevelle SS with a 454 any day without seeing it. Sadly you never see them.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
nosympathy said:
Haha I can pick out a chevelle SS with a 454 any day without seeing it. Sadly you never see them.
True, but I think the 396 sounds a little better. My stepfather had a new one in 68.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I can pick out a corvette's engine anywhere. But then again, i'm around a corvette more than mustangs (Parents have a corvette, and i'm still trying to get a mustang). I do know when a mustang with aftermarket exhaust is passing by though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife says i have a ear for stangs! I can hear them a mile away. We will be at the park and ill say shhhh, and shell say what? You hear a mustang? Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts