Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any cool front end grilles?
I have the California/Special grille that came with the car but always to do the fog lights in the front with halos.

I ordered a Boss 302 front grille but after putting it up against my GT/CS grille, the honey combs look so cheap. The material just looks and feels cheap. But I do not see any other nice grilles that have the fog light holes.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That looks great. I've been thinking about changing mine out to this exact combo

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Yeah, my fav combo. Putting the lower one on is a pain, it's also expensive. I got great deals on both of them, used.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Boss 302 grille looks good I think

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439764742.692511.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439764767.438899.jpg

This one shows what it looks like with one stock fog light and one smoked one. I like the smoked because it looks like it's a delete but it's obviously not. Best of both worlds.
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439764809.573299.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boss 302 grille looks good I think

View attachment 189479

View attachment 189480

This one shows what it looks like with one stock fog light and one smoked one. I like the smoked because it looks like it's a delete but it's obviously not. Best of both worlds.
View attachment 189481
Nice, one thing I hate though are the honeycombs lol
God, the honeycombs just look so cheap for some reason. Just my opinion.

I ordered a Boss 302 grille, regardless of the honeycomb style, and while I was waiting for it I decided to start wiring my halos. I have the GT/CS so I did not get the upper fog lights, I got the lower valance ones. I finished the wiring so I just zip tied the halos to the back of my grill for now, until I get the Boss grille.

I was actually surprised that it did not look that bad, it kinda of looks like I have the fog lights behind the grille. I could also black out the badge. Pics suck but that is how I have it right now...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice, one thing I hate though are the honeycombs lol
God, the honeycombs just look so cheap for some reason. Just my opinion.

I ordered a Boss 302 grille, regardless of the honeycomb style, and while I was waiting for it I decided to start wiring my halos. I have the GT/CS so I did not get the upper fog lights, I got the lower valance ones. I finished the wiring so I just zip tied the halos to the back of my grill for now, until I get the Boss grille.

I was actually surprised that it did not look that bad, it kinda of looks like I have the fog lights behind the grille. I could also black out the badge. Pics suck but that is how I have it right now...

I wanted to get the modern billet grille so I could put the fogs behind it until I read the reviews. A lot of people said the quality was crap, looked cheap, and screws stripped very easily because of low quality. Then the lower part of it just attached to the current honeycomb lower grille. I'll pass on that. Then I looked at the Roush grill but it also deleted the fog lights.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to get the modern billet grille so I could put the fogs behind it until I read the reviews. A lot of people said the quality was crap, looked cheap, and screws stripped very easily because of low quality. Then the lower part of it just attached to the current honeycomb lower grille. I'll pass on that. Then I looked at the Roush grill but it also deleted the fog lights.
Make sure you aren't looking at the grille covers and the actual grille itself.
The GT/CS grilles aren't that bad. Glossy clean black with a pony emblem.

I am not sure the halos are worth the honeycombs though.
I asked my wife's opinion, she also wasn't feeling the honeycombs. Said it looked cheap, which was exactly what I was thinking.
Fog lights behind the grille look pretty cool though with the right grille. Definitely different, which is what I am going for.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Make sure you aren't looking at the grille covers and the actual grille itself.
The GT/CS grilles aren't that bad. Glossy clean black with a pony emblem.

I am not sure the halos are worth the honeycombs though.
I asked my wife's opinion, she also wasn't feeling the honeycombs. Said it looked cheap, which was exactly what I was thinking.
Fog lights behind the grille look pretty cool though with the right grille. Definitely different, which is what I am going for.
It was this grill. The reviews really turned me off though.

Modern Billet Black Mustang Retro Grille 41295 (13-14 GT) - Free Shipping

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I have have the modern billet grilles. The top portion bolts into the stock grilles plastic surround. I don't mind that the lower portion bolts on over the stock piece. What does bother menus what the grille looks like 2 summers later. No rust, but it's oxidized to crap. And billet polish no longer cleans it up. Thinking about switching over to the cdc, but like most, I don't want to lose the fogs.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439775624.336704.jpg

Can't tell from the pic, but it looks like crap. So bad to the point where I've been contemplating putting the stock grilles back in.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Damn that was what I was worried about to. Guess I maybe getting rid of my fogs soon. I want something more aggressive than the OEM grille but I want to keep my halo fogs.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts