Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
white face gauges are rather easy, the issue on pre 99 is getting the needles right so in those years you could consider reverse glow gauges that slide over needles so you dont have to put them back on. The issue with removing the needles is you cant just put them back on, you have to re calibrate. On 99 up you can get all of them back where they should be, but on pre 99 you cant very easily.

The chrome ring would require you to some how remove the clear plastic from the black back part (its fused together/melted) its a bit pain in the ass so I would ignore this.

Getting to the gauges is rather easy, the hard part is the damn light knob oddly enough

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
a trick to resetting your needles if you do have to remove them (which if you just slide the overlays on you'll be able to avoid all this)...is to start the car and let it sit for a good 5 minutes then take a picture of each gauge and where it sits...now take everything apart for install...put the needles back on but not the plastic cover. hook up the cluster..start the car and wait 5 minutes...pull off the needles where needed and readjust...once it matches yoru original pictures..kill the car...put the cover back on and finish reinstall

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just went to do mine today on my 04 and maaannn it was a pain in the neck. I actually just ended up taking them off cause they were keeping the needles from moving freely and they would get stuck, trying to wire was annoying too. I tried 3 different spots for ground and none of them worked and overall I just didn't find it worth the trouble. (and I did know what I was doing)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts