Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can a stock GT compete with? I've been looking around in my area and see M3s, 6.4L Challengers, Camaro SSs, WRX STIs, Evos, etc. If anyone can tell me what I can hang with out of experience then that would be great! Also, stories would be cool too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have a 11 GT with the Brembo pkg and 3.73's.
My only mods are Roush axel backs and a K&N drop in airfilter. I have pulled on every car you listed there.

·
Registered
828 Posts
On closed courses I have beaten c5 vetts and am about even with c5 z06's. Camero's and challengers arnt even really a race. Have neve raced a new m3 but can smoke the older ones. Then again I did get walked but my friends 5.0. AGAIN ALL THIS ON A CLOSED COURSE, absolutely zero street racing

·
Registered
85 Posts
Redstang1 said:
On closed courses I have beaten c5 vetts and am about even with c5 z06's. Camero's and challengers arnt even really a race. Have neve raced a new m3 but can smoke the older ones. Then again I did get walked but my friends 5.0. AGAIN ALL THIS ON A CLOSED COURSE, absolutely zero street racing
What do you mean by the camaros and challengers not being a race? Like you smoked them?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
In straight away yea but in twist and turns evo's and subi's will own
i disagree....you take a stock evo or sti and put it against a stock GT on a racetrack the HP advantage will overcome

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Ravnus said:
i disagree....you take a stock evo or sti and put it against a stock GT on a racetrack the HP advantage will overcome
I'm sorry but no I have seen it with my eyes at my auto x. Still have the numbers to show it. In like laguna seca yea the 5.0 power will win but not in sharp turns like auto x.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I will say that I have our handled a 350z on a mountain road. Again I was not street racing, have never and will never street race.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Redstang1 said:
I will say that I have our handled a 350z on a mountain road. Again I was not street racing, have never and will never street race.
Don't mean to keep harping on that but I was pulled over for going 5 over the limit a week after I pulled over for supposedly street racing and the cop told me they monitor the forums and Facebook so really have to make my self clear

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have heard that the new Challengers do 12.4 1/4 miles. Anyone have a N/A stang that runs flat 12s? And what mods to get there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Camaros and Challengers are pigs. They're heavy. I've got a buddy with a new Camaro. M6, Kooks LT's, full exhaust, 4.10s, suspension, few other boltons and tuned by another buddy. We've both ride in each others cars and feel it'd be close. Never lined them up though.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Joyride said:
I have heard that the new Challengers do 12.4 1/4 miles. Anyone have a N/A stang that runs flat 12s? And what mods to get there.
I ran 12.538 on street tires with CAI/93r tune (bama) and Corsa AB/X PIPE( stock cats in place). 1/2 tank or more of 93 Octane , a fat driver, and 110+ track temp with 95% humidity at sea level.

With similar setup and drag radials (and cooler temps), low 12's/high 11's should be possible.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Ravnus said:
Stock evo? No way. That comes from having driven a friends evo RS. I think it was rs. It was the version with everything stripped like radio and what not. That sucker can take turns like no other car I have ever been in.

If I didn't deteste the newer body style and the fact they are not a muscle car and the fact that they are the most uncomfortable car to be in for ride smoothness I was interested in buying one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts