Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mustang is stalling out.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Trickle 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 mustang gt 4.6 liter. My problem started about four weeks ago. It started to hesitate when I tried to accelerate from 50 mph to pass. Took it into the shop and they said the fuel filter was plugged right up. Changed it. Went well for about two and a half weeks and then started the same thing. They took it in and said the fuel pumps had a pressure that was stupid low so they replaced them. After that they said the pressure was great. Took a 600 mile road trip and it stalled out about 300 miles into it. Got it towed to shop and they couldn't get a faulty code and the car worked fine when they had it. This last time, the fuel gauge dropped from just under half a tank to empty immediately. After I got it out of the shop, I was at a little under three quarters of a tank and I took a sharp left and hit a bump in a construction zone and the fuel gauge dropped from three quarters to nothing. The readout varied from 9 miles to empty to 4 miles to empty in the space of a half a mile.
Don't have any idea what to look for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.