Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 mustang with 2 12 pioneer subs running at around 250 watts rms each. I currently have my subs pointed towards the seats and there is very little bass compared to what I was expecting with 500 watts rms. If I turn my sub box around so the subs are pointed towards the trunk will this make a big difference?

In another car I have about the same wattage going into 2 12" bazookas and I have them pointed toward the trunk and they pound. This car is also a trunk car, not a hatchback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are the boxes sealed/ported? I'm not really sure about how it's configured but this might help by explaining how sound waves work...

When a sub is mounted in the enclosure and playing, not only do the sound waves reproduce from behind the sub, but also in front of it. If you've ever seen a bandpass sub box it would make sense. The plexiglas front plate which allows you to view the sub(s) also acts like a sealed box for sound waves reproducing from the front of the sub, while the waves coming off the back are in the ported "section" of the box. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts