Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
It's not hard, it's just a pain. Are you going to be repainting your entire stang? To do it correctly you'd need masking tape, and plastic to cover the areas you don't want painted, and you'd definately need an air compressor, and a paint gun and paint. And if you're going to repait it you'll need a sander, and sandpaper to do it the right way and maybe even a little bondo. Here's a list to make it easier to understand.

- sander
- sandpaper
- air compressor
- paint gun
- paint
- masking tape
- covering plastic

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
unless you have a very nice paint booth DONT do it, if you have no experience, DONT DO IT.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
SpectorV said:
unless you have a very nice paint booth DONT do it, if you have no experience, DONT DO IT.
i paint in the garage :uhh:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ive seen end results of that set up.... very bad usually... it can be done fine but you need a decent set up, just shutting the doors wont work.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
you can primer in your garage and get good results. if you want to use some type of body filler let me suggest "rage gold" there stuff is real good. just that when you paint wet the floor to keep dust from kicking up. u can paint in your garage and get good results.
spector have you ever painted a car before?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well, just keep this in mind, if your painting the car and trying to save in the preping stage before you take it to a paint shop, all paint shops won't stand behind their paint because you did the most important step, priming.

I just did a paint job last week, but we had a paint booth to do it in. My blonde hightlights turned red. :uhh:

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
232stang said:
you can primer in your garage and get good results. if you want to use some type of body filler let me suggest "rage gold" there stuff is real good. just that when you paint wet the floor to keep dust from kicking up. u can paint in your garage and get good results.
spector have you ever painted a car before?
i actually primed my car outside :lol: but i have seen many good looking paint jobs done in garages.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
my friends dad paints cars in their garage they do all sorts of stuff with air filters and what not... always comes out like crap....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts