Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can be the cause of my mustang gt problem? While in park it accelerates good but once i dri e it it wont accelerate and it shakes i already checked it top to bottom but cant seam to find the issue of my gt's problem any advise..

·
Registered
257 Posts
You have checked all vacuum lines?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Auto?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
What can be the cause of my mustang gt problem? While in park it accelerates good but once i dri e it it wont accelerate and it shakes i already checked it top to bottom but cant seam to find the issue of my gt's problem any advise..
So in other words when under load it boggs down and misses? What kind of fuel you use? Whats done to the car? What did you check?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Check for a vacuum leak, and double check the timing.
+1, if none are found I would look into replacing the fuel filter, and checking your ignition system. You may just need a tune up if it hasn't been done recently.

·
Registered
861 Posts
+1, if none are found I would look into replacing the fuel filter, and checking your ignition system. You may just need a tune up if it hasn't been done recently.
+1 cap, rotor, plugs, wires, oil, coolant, air filter, fuel filter, vac lines is a good place to start. ONLY replace these if they are old and need replacing. Dont throw parts at the problem.

I had a similar problem. My first advice check your timing and wire routing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem just recently I replayed my fuel filter and my EGR valve but I couldn't seem to find the problem then I did new spark plugs so then I night new wires and one of my wires on the top cap wasn't on right so that was my problem and now I finally got it after so long it runs good again! You might want to check that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. Ive checked all vac Lines its wierd the problem started right when i replaced the stock fuel pump to a 155.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What i did i cleaned the fuel lines ordered some new injectors cuz the ones it had were nasty. Installed some new accel wires sparkplugs, fuel filter and now i just have to wait for the inj. To arrive and install them..

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Thats what i had tought too but i dropped the fuel tank took the fuel pump out and checked it out and it worked great and the pressure looked good..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts