Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
The engine appears to be a 302 with air conditioning. You are correct in that the details are rather vague but it appears to be a pretty straight vehicle from the pictures.
It looks like they spray painted everything in the engine compartment including the shock rubbers, the AC clutch, wiring, hoses, brake booster and everything else. The half vinyl roof doesn't appeal to me, but that's rather subjective - some else might love it.
I would never buy a vehicle from pictures and a description without carefully checking out the vehicle first hand, but $4000 seems very reasonable if the vehicle's running gear is in good condition. I suspect that if you are interested in this vehicle, if at all possible, you should check it out in person.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That looks like a plane jane 289 motor. Nothing special... nothing fast. As far as restoring it goes, you can count on about $15000 to get it painted and get an interior.

·
Registered
23 Posts
it looks like a lot of work and not worth the asking price, maybe half.. figure $5k for b ody and paint, another $5k at least for the rest..assuming the engine is ok or add another $5k ..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would first find out why he got that far and stopped. Did they find a major defect? Those were well known for rusted out frames. Check it out carefully and see what he will take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts