Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i wanted to strat a good threat that talk about rims.


Now that your hear can anyone tell me what type of rims i have and where did they come from
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
mkelias11 said:
Hey guys i wanted to strat a good threat that talk about rims.


Now that your hear can anyone tell me what type of rims i have and where did they come from
not too certain but they look to me like the ones off of the 95-98 year gt's. Somebody here will correct me. Are they 17 inch?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,803 Posts
if you can get those in polished they are a very good fine, the polished 98 spring edition gt rims are pretty rare, but the silver finish ones as pictured are cheap to find.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
613 Posts
mkelias11 said:
I dont know when i messure them they get 18.somthing close to 19
the tire is a 285/40/17 .... 17" wheel
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
Yup yup...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
mkelias11 said:
I dont know when i messure them they get 18.somthing close to 19
Yeah I could see after I enlarged the picture, at first I was only looking at the small one.

When you're measuring you're only measuring the rim right? Not the tires. And if you look at the tires you can see the size on them. Bane already posted it 285/40/17 . That last number tells you the size of the rim to mount the tire on. If I'm not mistaken the other two are ratios of width and sidewall.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,185 Posts
red herring said:
Yeah I could see after I enlarged the picture, at first I was only looking at the small one.

When you're measuring you're only measuring the rim right? Not the tires. And if you look at the tires you can see the size on them. Bane already posted it 285/40/17 . That last number tells you the size of the rim to mount the tire on. If I'm not mistaken the other two are ratios of width and sidewall.
285 = width in millimeters
40 = height of sidewall in % of width (so 40% of 285)
17 = size of rim to mount on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
fast64 said:
285 = width in millimeters
40 = height of sidewall in % of width (so 40% of 285)
17 = size of rim to mount on
Thanks fast64, I knew it was something like that. Those seem big to me too, do the rest of you have those kind of numbers?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,185 Posts
285 is pretty darn big, lets see.... 28.5/2.54 = 11.220 inches
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top