Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this before but i just wanted to ask it again to get more answers, i only got 2 last time and they werent really helpfull.

I have a 1985 Mustang SVO (2.3L turbocharged)
Manual transmission.

An i ran it at the 1/4 mile 2 days ago, After i finished my run i heard REALLY loud clicking, sorta like engine knock but alot louder, i could even hear it over my exhaust. When i rev it the clicking get louder and faster, its not the fan blades hitting anything or anything like that. Its comming from the block. What do you think it is? Its still making good boost and drives fine but i havent been driving it lately because i dont want to cause more damage.

It has 98K org. miles, mostly stock except for the exhaust, wheels and tires and some gauges.

Also, i run 93oct. daily, i have never once put 87 in this car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check your oil level & pressure. Clicking noises that vary with engine speed are generally valve train related (i.e. loose rockers or too much lash between valve stem & rocker). Knocking noises that vary with engine speed are generally rod or main bearing related.

·
Registered
42 Posts
a ligght clicking noise in the upper part of the engine would probably be somewhere in the valve train... lifter, pushrod, valve spring...
A heavier noise farther down in the block is usually a rod bearing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts