Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Where I think I'll be ok is 1. The 22's, 2. The 900 pound weight difference, plus he ways almost 300 (D1 D lineman) where I weigh only 185... So over 1,000 pound difference

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Where I think I'll be ok is 1. The 22's, 2. The 900 pound weight difference, plus he ways almost 300 (D1 D lineman) where I weigh only 185... So over 1,000 pound difference
You will have to overcome the torque of that car by finding the sweet spot in your rpms. Too low and you will bog the engine. Too high and you will likely break stuff if the track is prepped. You also do not want to spin at all. Any loss of traction will give the horsepower of the the Hemi the advantage.

From a dead stop torque is going to allow the Hemi to launch at a lower RPM and quickly hit the red line.

Truth be told, this should be a true driver's race. It will be won at the starting line. Neither car should easily run the other down.

Drag racing is a balancing act. I raced drag bikes for years. I ran street and super street. No wheelie bars, no slicks, just you mastering the machine. Then after an 8 sec pass you get to look over everything to see what can be done to gain another 10th of a second.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Could be a game changer by I am ordering a bama tune either tonight or tomorrow... So if that comes in before the race that could really help me out

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You will have to overcome the torque of that car by finding the sweet spot in your rpms. Too low and you will bog the engine. Too high and you will likely break stuff if the track is prepped. You also do not want to spin at all. Any loss of traction will give the horsepower of the the Hemi the advantage.

From a dead stop torque is going to allow the Hemi to launch at a lower RPM and quickly hit the red line.

Truth be told, this should be a true driver's race. It will be won at the starting line. Neither car should easily run the other down.

Drag racing is a balancing act. I raced drag bikes for years. I ran street and super street. No wheelie bars, no slicks, just you mastering the machine. Then after an 8 sec pass you get to look over everything to see what can be done to gain another 10th of a second.

Also I have a automatic so will be holding it at 2,000 rpms... Didn't have a bad probably spinning with this last time at the track

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
If you really wanna win then my advice is to deploy a distraction.

Shortly after launch, jump out and ghost ride the whip. This should confuse your rival and cause them to slow down and look. That is when you jump back in and floor it!

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Shortly after launch, jump out and ghost ride the whip. This should confuse your rival and cause them to slow down and look. That is when you jump back in and floor it!

:lol:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
3,274 Posts

That would be a great YouTube video.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
You have no idea how hard i laughed while typing that up and picturing it happening. 😂

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The 900 lbs was the difference to my Charger being an AWD. A base Charger would be about 750 heavier then your Mustang.
And you must know that all Chargers are auto's. (It can't be rev'd up with the brake on for longer then 5 seconds without it going into a limp mode.)
The rear ends are only 2.65 on the base charger.
3.06 on the R/T with Road & Track package, which I think that one is.
And 3.06 in the AWD version.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update: he bailed on me for this Wednesday... So hopefully we will run next Wednesday (I'm fine with that my tuner will be here by then)... I'm still going to run at the track tonight so hopefully I can beat my previous time

IG: Alpha3.7

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If you lose, it will be because of your MPG 2.73 gears :(. Your tune will help you a lot.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Update: he bailed on me for this Wednesday... So hopefully we will run next Wednesday (I'm fine with that my tuner will be here by then)... I'm still going to run at the track tonight so hopefully I can beat my previous time
IG: Alpha3.7
how did you make out with your times?

·
Registered
831 Posts
V8 and gear swap. I beat a MB in my wife's Taurus last night, no she wasn't in it, and I only beat him based on skill. We were doing a 30 mile or so run....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just installed the Bama tune and dang did it make a difference! With these crappy 2.73 gears the car would not have any problems with spinning even with traction control off... First time giving it a some throttle for the first Time after the tune and spun hard in first (obviously spinnings not good but just shows the gains) and shifts a lot faster...

Can't wait to get it to the track again this week and see what difference it makes on the time

My friend with the charger keeps bailing on me last second... But I can promise you the race will happen. He's my roommate and he can only come up with so many excuses before he finally comes to the track with me! 😂

Instagram: @Alpha3.7

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Just call him out as a coward. Tell him he has a cheap Dodge that wishes it could have real Mopar power.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts