Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it about the mustang not advertising Ford pretty much anywhere on the car? It's gotta be the only car I can think of that does that haha. At least not on mine. It had one emblem but that's gone due to my deck lid panel

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
If people don't know it's a Ford Mustang, then whatever they think doesn't matter lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ford puts the pony "mustang" emblem in place if the ford emblem.

It's the only car not to carry the manufacture badge.

They say the car speaks volumes by itself and does not need it. Because when people see it they instantly think Ford Mustang.

But it is literally the only car in production that does not carry the emblem of the manufacturer instead sit carries its own.

Hope that helped!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
The svo I think is the only mustang not to have the pony emblem

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ford puts the pony "mustang" emblem in place if the ford emblem.

It's the only car not to carry the manufacture badge.

They say the car speaks volumes by itself and does not need it. Because when people see it they instantly think Ford Mustang.

But it is literally the only car in production that does not carry the emblem of the manufacturer instead sit carries its own.

Hope that helped!
+1

·
Registered
154 Posts
Chevy Emblem, ford emblem, pony emblem.

If there is a ford emblem on the vehicle it is a sticky thing added by someone else.

Yes, there is something on the windows, mine has it.

In place of the ford emblem they place the mustang emblem. The pony.

Yes there's gonna be examples of ford badges on mustangs, but not placed there by the ford factory!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,151 Posts

If there is a ford emblem on the vehicle it is a sticky thing added by someone else.

Yes there's gonna be examples of ford badges on mustangs, but not placed there by the ford factory!!
actually you're kinda wrong on that...hate to say it. no clue on the new body styles but 94-04 i know has them :D

i've never owned a mustang that doesn't have the FORD badge on the rear deck panel...:good:

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts

Only on the newer ones. I know for a fact that Ford put the blue oval on 99-04

·
Registered
154 Posts
Okay! Well I honestly do not know about all the older generations.

All i know for 100% is that for the last several years and currently there is not one mustang that's leavs the factory with a ford badge on it.

There is a video that actually states this from one of the marketing people at ford. It's in the mustang Articles section of ME. It was posted a little while back by Amy Williams i believe.

It's a 45 minute long video.

I saw that not to long ago.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
lol that sounds better...just making sure you realized that the original statement you made was wrong.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
The 85 gt has a ford badge on the right corner of the hatch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Shelby but the badge on.

Not ford.

Ford does not badge a single mustang with the ford badge that comes of the factory line.

If it has one it was placed by a third party.
Ford made the badge and sent it to Shelby in Vegas, they put it on the car then sent the car to the dealer to sell, so Ford made it, didn't install but sold it and approved it being on the car. So the 07/08 Shelby Gt has the Ford oval, but not installed on the factory line but part of a product line it sells. The fox Mustangs have the oval too.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Okay! Well I honestly do not know about all the older generations.

All i know for 100% is that for the last several years and currently there is not one mustang that's leavs the factory with a ford badge on it.

There is a video that actually states this from one of the marketing people at ford. It's in the mustang Articles section of ME. It was posted a little while back by Amy Williams i believe.

It's a 45 minute long video.

I saw that not to long ago.
That's where I read it! You are correct the S197 except for the 07/08 Shelby GT apparently does not, and who knows what 2015 will bring.

Now dating back to 64.5 I think, I'm not certain every Mustang had some type of Ford insignia whether it was Ford spelled out across the hood (MustangII), or an oval.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
That's where I read it! You are correct the S197 except for the 07/08 Shelby GT apparently does not, and who knows what 2015 will bring.

Now dating back to 64.5 I think, I'm not certain every Mustang had some type of Ford insignia whether it was Ford spelled out across the hood (MustangII), or an oval.
Or the plenum cover :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts