Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was joking the other day with a buddy of mine about how I should get a sunroof. Then I started thinking it probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thoughts anybody?

If anybody had it done post up some pics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think it would look sick and i wish it was an option, it will give the car a whole new look.
But u can always get it done at at a body shop.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
We have a insanely curved roof. Tis why they gave us the glass roof option which is better looking and yes, it comes with a cover

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was browsing through the mustang monthly march 2013 issue and the cover and inside story has a 2013 Shelby red with white stripes and a sunroof on it. They also had a 68 Shelby red with white le mans stripes and a sunroof. I thought if it looks good on a Shelby it's gotta look good on anything.

Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Sports car racing

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Auto part

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
NO! Simply NO! Someone put one in mine and I took it out

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I bought my car I thought the glass roof was neat but there was no way to open it like a sunroof. I saw the convertibles but I personally don't like convertible muscle cars. Then just yesterday I stumbled upon the sunroof idea and thought that is a really neat idea. But the sunroof I was looking at online was about $750.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Just trying to see of the $750 would be worth it

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think what would look good. I thought about but know im thinking of T tops on my 2013 i havent seen that yet

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've seen 2 2007-2009 mustangs with a sun roof. I talked to one of the owner and he said he got it done in Germany. It looks different.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would not cut the roof open and put in an aftermarket sunroof. If it didn't come from the factory I wouldn't even think twice about it. My friend has a 2010 Camaro SS and when he bought it he paid to have the dealer put in a factory sunroof against my advice. 6 months later the thing leaks all over and it even crapped out and fell into his roof at one point. Granted this is a GM dealer and parts, but it goes to show how difficult it is to put one in afterwards.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,246 Posts
Yikes that blows! I love modifying my car but sunroofs to me just don't go with mustangs.

I have seen a four eyed fox with T tops and that looked pretty good.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yikes that blows! I love modifying my car but sunroofs to me just don't go with mustangs.

I have seen a four eyed fox with T tops and that looked pretty good.
My fox body had a sunroof and I hated it. Damn thing leaked constantly even after replacing all the gaskets. It also didn't have a way to cover it so the sun would just beat down on you if it was around noon. Got real annoying numerous times!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am really going to miss a sunroof on my new Mustang. I've had a sunroof or t-tops in every car I have owned. The glass roof will have to do. Looks really cool though.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,246 Posts
My fox body had a sunroof and I hated it. Damn thing leaked constantly even after replacing all the gaskets. It also didn't have a way to cover it so the sun would just beat down on you if it was around noon. Got real annoying numerous times!

Ugh, that sounds awful.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,246 Posts
I am really going to miss a sunroof on my new Mustang. I've had a sunroof or t-tops in every car I have owned. The glass roof will have to do. Looks really cool though.
Does the glass roof have a way to cover it from the inside? You know, if you weren't feeling all sunshine rainbow bright that day and wanted to sit with shade over your head.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Does the glass roof have a way to cover it from the inside? You know, if you weren't feeling all sunshine rainbow bright that day and wanted to sit with shade over your head.
That's what I always wondered and I have no idea. But I'd hope so lol. Kind of the reason I specifically looked for one without the glass roof so I wouldn't have to deal with that ever again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is the glass roof always open??

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Never mind.... Just googled it!!

Has a little retractable vinyl cover!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts