Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to start modding the interior (its cheaper) and i was wondering if these were a good idea or should i just spray paint them? i also have a white car and i was wondering if white is a good color for them since they would get dirty really easily and the dirt would be really noticable. any input is appreciated, thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, just take them out and paint them if you want color. What color is your interior? Because some interiors don't look good with colored parts.

184 Posts
i had the yellow decals from MW they worked good and looked good

184 Posts
they lasted forever never faded or anything i just decided i wanted to have an all black interior again and took em off.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
If youre going to paint them, make sure you do it right. Make sure there are no chips or scratches in the door jam to begin with otherwise the paint will start cracking and peeling away.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Mine has a scracth how should I prep it before painting, I am using the Duplicolor paint with a clearcoat to put over paint, or no clear coat, just paint?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
defanitely use a clear coat unless its something like metallic paint or something like that. Just make sure the paint and clear coat actually go INTO the crack, and dont just make a little pocket coating over the top of it. Its also a good idea to use some rubbing alcohol or some sort of cleaner that will get rid of any grease or oils that might be on it. If you dont prep it right.. it will look like theres bubbles in the paint. Clearcoat is going to give you the shiny look that you want... so Id defanitely recommend doing that over just a glossy paint.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yea i got primer too so the paint holds better

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
yup :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here is mine, I have the Black/Silver cobo going on in my 98 that is white!

I painted my interior pieces Black/Silver and used the Silver door decals...

http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/donna/Upstate%20Mustang%20Club/Members%20Rides%20June%201/Output/pages/DSC00116.htm

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It might be worth it to get a very fine grit sand paper and go over everything either...I did this to a s10 i recently painted the interior on. We went over it all with 120 grit at first, primed it, painted with car paint, clear coated (sanding inbetween each coat) and went over the whole thing with what must have been a 240 grit, didn't pay that much attention, he had it laying around. Turned out really nice. I'll get some pictures up when we finish everything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts