Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off.....DAMNIT!!! :mad:

Here in Kansas, we had a major ice storm. My '00 GT couldn't get over or gain traction on 1/2" thick ice. It was a ***** to get out. And when we did get it out and parked it somewhere different, it'd get stuck again, even in 1/4" thick ice. I've noticed I loose traction all the way through 1st and half way through 2nd. DAMNIT! I have two 80lbs tube sands over each wheel-well and a 20lb bucket of cat litter in the trunk. It still doesn't make a difference. :bad: What in the hell do I replace? WTF is wrong with my major low traction problem? This is pissing me off. Help please!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Tires Tires Tires. The weight in back of the car seems but I would add another bag of sand and take the bucket of little out.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Just make sure your traction control is on and go easy , very easy on the gas. If you have an auto, put it in second to take off. If you have a manual and can start out in second without burning up your clutch it'd be better for you. Just when you feel the car starting to slip just let off the gas...not much else you can do man.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
You can minimize the problems though by having the right tire or chains, adding weight to the back end and driving cautiously. But better yet reduce your driving to a minimum and always carry a tow rope, jumper cables and make sure you have a good battery. Would not want you freezing to death because your car left you stranded

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Start off slow, brake very slowly, if you lock your brakes you are going to slide, avoid doing that. Practice driving in a large empty parking lot before you do it on the road if possible, Be careful~!

·
Registered
261 Posts
When you read racing books they'll teach you that letting off the gas too quickly is just as bad as pressing down the brakes too quickly or pressing the accelerator too quickly. Say you're going then you let off the gas too quickly, the engine braking throws the weight of the car a little bit causing your car to be off balance. Like was already said, the best thing to do is keep your driving to a minimum. If you have to drive slow on and off of everything.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
My Ranger Splash truck is a 5 speed, I was driving it one day on an icy road, was going down hill and thought I better slow down, so to be smart instead of braking I down shifted a gear, my truck went sideways, then caught traction again and I was off across a ditch and through someones yard!! The dog thought it was great fun, I was just glad I didn't hit anything. lol :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Kiljosh said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHA. you had your dog with you, icing on the cake. :D
No..I think he meant that person's dog thought it was great...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You were right, it was a dalmation we used to have, name of Sam, he was a really hyper dog, and he really seemed to be enjoying that ride across the ditch and through the yard, it was like he was saying , wow, that was fun, can we do it again??? :)

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Haha dalmations are fun dogs...I just don't want one lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts