Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know virtually nothing about diesels. Would my stang beat a cummins with "alot done to it" his is a 5 speed with long ass throws.

I have sct tune, cai, and slp exhaust.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I know virtually nothing about diesels. Would my stang beat a cummins with "alot done to it" his is a 5 speed with long ass throws.

I have sct tune, cai, and slp exhaust.
Mines a 5 speed as well

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
1/8th mile or 1/4 mile? you'll most likely lose in both, but if you can get a better launch you could take it since they are heavy

·
ME Bloodhound
14,701 Posts
Start stripping weight... lose that spare tire, rear seats, passenger seat, lose a few pounds off yourself. Anything you wouldn't need during the race that can be taken out will help with your weight and give you better acceleration.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Start stripping weight... lose that spare tire, rear seats, passenger seat, lose a few pounds off yourself. Anything you wouldn't need during the race that can be taken out will help with your weight and give you better acceleration.
I got 20 inch rims and super wide tires to help not spin as much too. So that'll help me on the launch as well. Thanks for the input....so pretty much I'm gonna need a good launch and perfect shifts.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

1/8th mile or 1/4 mile? you'll most likely lose in both, but if you can get a better launch you could take it since they are heavy
It would probably be to 100 MPH so ya about a 1/4 mile

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's the point of owning a v8!!! Lol do 3.73 so it would only drop like 2 mpg
I would do it in a heartbeat if I could cruise the interstate at 70 MPH doing 2,000 rpms but with the stock gears I'm around 2300, and higher gears make that number increase and it won't be way too noisy and kill my mileage

·
Registered
223 Posts
I raced a dually cummins 6 speed with a chip & I had a c&l cai, throttle body, sct tune, & x pipe with 20' wheels & I barely won haha. If they're stackin chips with aftermarket injectors, they're pretty damn fast no lie. Alot of fixed up diesels where I'm from.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I raced a dually cummins 6 speed with a chip & I had a c&l cai, throttle body, sct tune, & x pipe with 20' wheels & I barely won haha. If they're stackin chips with aftermarket injectors, they're pretty damn fast no lie. Alot of fixed up diesels where I'm from.
I woulda never guessed that they were so quick! Of course with 615 pounds of torque stock it's gonna be fairly quick even with all the weight

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I got 20 inch rims and super wide tires to help not spin as much too. So that'll help me on the launch as well. Thanks for the input....so pretty much I'm gonna need a good launch and perfect shifts.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

not needed comment
lets keep anything street racing related off the site ok lol :D be responsible and find a track...at least if you pull out a win you'll have a slip

1 - 20 of 34 Posts