Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I wrapped my entire car in 3M Auto Vinyl. The cowl hood is wrapped in matte black and the rest of the car is wrapped in matte dark grey. I also blacked out all the chrome trim and the bumpers, as well as the door handles and side mirror. My car was a very dark green before I wrapped it. I also blacked out the chrome trim around my rims, the tail light panel, and the gas cap. The total cost was about $600 for all the vinyl and supplies. Took us about 2 weeks to complete. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
It does look like a great job but I agree with the above statement. I liked the dark green from before

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did you not like the silver lip on your wheels? I think that made them look great. Otherwise, beast looking car! It really will stand out. It was worth the effort

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you not like the silver lip on your wheels? I think that made them look great. Otherwise, beast looking car! It really will stand out. It was worth the effort
Yeah I liked the chrome lip around the rims but it just didn't match the look of the new color since there was no longer any more chrome on the car. I used plasti dip on the chrome outer lip on the rims, all the chrome trim, and the bumpers, so if I end up wanting to change back all I have to do is peel off the plasti dip.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Thanks for all the great comments I appreciate the feedback. I chose this color because I have always liked the matte colors and I didn't want the usual matte black. The color I chose is actually matte dark grey metallic so, in the sun, it looks matte but it also has a nice metallic shine to it.

For anyone interested in wrapping your car, it is doable, you just need time and a lot of patience. My friend and I had no previous experience with any vinyl before we did my car so it is doable.

I am getting my windows tinted in march, hopefully it will complete the stealthy aggressive look I was going for.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is bad ass how did you et the edges to line up?
I just did each body panel. I cut a piece of vinyl to the size I would need for a front fender, rear fender, hood, roof, etc and tucked the edges back behind the body lines and kept them down with 3m primer (basically clear glue).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much to get you to do mine? Lol that's looks pretty damn good to me!
Haha thanks, Alabama is pretty far away lol. For real though YouTube helped out a lot there are tons of videos on how to vinyl wrap a car.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I LOVE this car!!! What a sick look. I would love one day to do that to mine. Your car looks amazing!
Thanks your car is awesome too I like the color

·
Registered
520 Posts
Haha thanks, Alabama is pretty far away lol. For real though YouTube helped out a lot there are tons of videos on how to vinyl wrap a car.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Thanks your car is awesome too I like the color
Thanks man. Mine too used to be dark moss green, previous owner reprinted black. It looks more bad ass now. But I love that mat look so much. Once I get the car ready for road racing ill prob do a similar wrap!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks man. Mine too used to be dark moss green, previous owner reprinted black. It looks more bad ass now. But I love that mat look so much. Once I get the car ready for road racing ill prob do a similar wrap!
Cool you will have to post some pics

1 - 20 of 62 Posts