Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1987 mustang idles a bit funny when its in idle in stop or drive while holding the brake it goes up and down I say between 600 to 900 rpms if its left on for a bit it will turn off the more The car stays on the worst the idling get if I can get help thanks in advance really do appreciate it and I replaced the idle air control valve already and the throttle positioning sensor I cleaned the maf sensor and throttle body

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you check all your vacuum hoses and also if you did not change out your PCV valve, I would highly recommend replacing it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
1987mustanglx50 said:
My 1987 mustang idles a bit funny when its in idle in stop or drive while holding the brake it goes up and down I say between 600 to 900 rpms if its left on for a bit it will turn off the more The car stays on the worst the idling get if I can get help thanks in advance really do appreciate it and I replaced the idle air control valve already and the throttle positioning sensor I cleaned the maf sensor and throttle body
Did you set the tps?.96 to .98

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quball19 said:
Did you set the tps?.96 to .98[/QUOTE ]

Am not sure but I will look were my tos is at and reset it if I have to thanks really do appreciate it

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Kenny laird said:
My car was doing same thing went through the steps of unhook and reseting idle and havent had a prob with it sense
I will try that thank you really do appreciate it

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok this sounds exactly like what my 89 gt does it drives fine but after idling for awhile it dies, Idk if it is the fuel pump getting weak or what. So what is everyone's suggestion to solve this problem

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I checked The timing it was way off it was at 17 degree btdc when it needed to be at 10 degrees btdc thank you everyone for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts