Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last eta I received for my mustang was 02/23, so I happened to be driving by the ford dealership today, and thought I would drive through just in case my new car happened to be sitting there. Dealership's aren't open in Indiana on Sunday's so I knew if it had been delivered I wouldn't have got a call.

So I drove through the whole lot and just as I turn the corner my headlight catches a shiny blue object up against the fence, slightly hidden by an F150

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm totally stoked. Its filthy as hell, but I'm sure they'll clean it up tomorrow. Bad thing is I work all week, so scheduling a time to get it will be tricky, but I think I can make it work.

I think the wheels and grill that come with the MCA package sets the car off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read that some people have had a few issues with them, and they're made in China. If I'm not mistaken the exhaust tips are different on the automatic models, so thats probably how you could tell. If not, I'm clueless.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah. ;)

It's not that they're made in China. It's the fact sub-par bearings and synchros were used in their assembly. No idea where or how Ford sourced them, but QC with them must be bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hoping for no issues with mine, Have you had any problems with yours? From the reviews I've read people either had issues and hated them, or absolutely loved them.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It's normally fine in warm weather. I have occasionally gotten 3rd gear lock-out during spirited driving. Supposedly a shifter bracket fixes that, as well as smoothing up the shifts. I intend to get one eventually.

In cold weather, I take my time as it's notchy at times.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sanguin said:
It's normally fine in warm weather. I have occasionally gotten 3rd gear lock-out during spirited driving. Supposedly a shifter bracket fixes that, as well as smoothing up the shifts. I intend to get one eventually.

In cold weather, I take my time as it's notchy at times.
+1

In this cold weather, 5 and 6 synchros really grind for me. In spirited driving the other day, it was locking me out like crazy, it doesn't like shifting 2nd to 6, or a lot of downshifting.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I'll still take that over driving an automatic! Lol
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new Mustang.

For the record, the automatic trans has had a TSB issued to correct the problem; they replaced the trans fluid with full synthetic. It has seemed to correct the problem with most, unless they had the problem, did not take it in, and did some damage with the hard shifts before getting the problem corrected.

And nothing wrong with automatics. Your new, so you'll soon find out we try to be different on this site and not to disrespect anyones choice in options.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
730 Posts
+1

In this cold weather, 5 and 6 synchros really grind for me. In spirited driving the other day, it was locking me out like crazy, it doesn't like shifting 2nd to 6, or a lot of downshifting.
+1 freezing here (-13) ! Takes about 30-45 mins before she gets better. Hurry up spring!

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nice pony!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Beautiful ride man! Mind if I ask what you ended up at OTD? Can pm me if you prefer, I only ask because im in the middle of negotiations for a 13 6 banger

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That is awesome.....have fun with her and I love that color.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts