Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just picked up my second Mustang a few weeks ago after having rolled my 06 a few years ago and driving a slowww BMW ever since I just couldn’t stand it anymore and picked up a 2014 GT with a manual transmission. (Don’t much care for the 2015+ look) it was a 1 owner with 47K mikes base model (I believe). It currently has Kooks 1 7/8 Long tube ceramic coated headers, Kooks 3’ catted H pipe, Resonator Delete, & Ford performance GT500 mufflers. 20’ Staggered wheels as well as lowering springs. Steeda CAI & BAMA 91 tune. Loving it so far apart from the absolute bare bones interior the original owner opted for. Just ordered a Steeda cluth return spring I happened to stumble upon while browsing as well as a delete kit for the exhaust tube for the cabin(gross they even thought of that on a V8). I plan on replacing the shifter next with a Barton short throw and then possibly replacing GT500 mufflers with something like Pypes or the Outlaws, even though it roars as it currently sits. Apart from cosmetic exterior and interior upgrades which I plan on doing gradually over time, does anyone have other recommendations I might not have considered? Like the clutch return spring, I just thought it was my skills being rusty from not having a manual for quite some time which I’m sure is a part of it but the everyone says the spring makes it feel like a whole new car. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was holding out for months looking for one with the premium interior & at least lowering springs cuz it was a pain the butt on my 06 but I finally gave in and just picked this one. I’m just not a fan of cloth seats they seem to wear fast on the outside edge. But I can just swap them out later if I decide I hate em too much. At least they’re black.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice car but a Bama tune? Oh boy.......
Haha everything currently on the car came that way from the dealer i bought it from. The clutch return spring and cap for the sound tube are the only things I've ordered for it. I personally would have opted for something better than GT500 mufflers are those will probably be the second things to go after I upgrade the shifter. I dont know anything about BAMA other than reading reviews from American Muscle though and I havent driven a stock 2014 so I cant even speak as to how effective it is.

·
Registered
303 Posts
In the beginning there were Mustangs and AmericanMuscle. Then AM said... Let there be tunes sold here, and it was good. Then as time marched on, AmericanMuscle aligned itself fully with BAMA tunes and the world fell into chaos. BAMA tunes became a thing of distain, burden, and ridicule. BAMA should be avoided, and any of their evil tunes should be replaced. ;)

There are many great tuners out there now. The platform is mature and understood by said great tuners.

I went with MPT (after having had BAMA) and it's good. For $99 (provided you already have an SCT device), you get a great tune with full support. There are others of course... Do your research and grab a better tune... I did...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I dont know anything about BAMA other than reading reviews from American Muscle though and I havent driven a stock 2014 so I cant even speak as to how effective it is.
My advice is get a different tune ASAP before it costs you your motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts