Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 16 driving a 65 mustang. Car was bought in the early 70s by my great grandfather who changed the original color from maroon to yellow. After he passed away it was given to my grandmother who later sold it to my dad when i was 2 years old and it was bought to be mine. After sitting for 15 long years, we started the resto. A brandnew 302 with some internal and bolt on upgrades;) a rebuild on the stock c4, new suspension, redid the interior all black leather. An re painted it yellow in rememberace of my great grandfather. If he could see this car now, i know hed be amazed:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That is amazing! Props to you man, must be one fun beast to work on, and with an awesome history to follow! Hope you keep it as long as you can :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O itll be in the family forever! Right bow im looking for another mustang. Giving this one back to my pops cuz i know he loves it since his grandfather, my great grandpa, used to work on it when he was a little kid. So idk if i wanna build another 65 or go get a 08.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
You could buy a yellow '08 and match it to your pops if you'd like, take a little modern twist on it!
or restore a '65 and put another stallion into the family, do what you want :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinkin an 08. Shoot for a yellow one or just paint it yellow later. I know the gt's come stock with 300hp. But what else can u do to em? Like bolt on wise? I know an aftermarket airfilter but whatelse thats at a decent pruce range.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Oh man there's hundreds of things you can do
This site is great for reviews and suggestions, just surf around on some of the threads of the year you're looking for and you'll find some great things!
If you can't find an answer, you can always post a new thread and people on here will be more than glad to help

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
TBailey538 said:
O itll be in the family forever! Right bow im looking for another mustang. Giving this one back to my pops cuz i know he loves it since his grandfather, my great grandpa, used to work on it when he was a little kid. So idk if i wanna build another 65 or go get a 08.
That's awesome. What a good son! Lots of sentimental value! I like the matching Mustang idea for sure. Get an 08 and have it match the 65. :good:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the great before and after photos. Looks like a 1st class job. I am sure you have a lot people checking out your car. Nice!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O yea i get "nice car" everywhere i go. And its even better to know i did it all(except paint) myself! I know my great grandpa would be proud of his pony!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts