Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the posts here for a while on my iPhone. Wanted to let you know about my 66 GT coup. Original 289, C4 and 8.8 rear end in Emberglow/Parchment. Purchased for my son 4 years ago. As I figure out how to post I will include more info and photos. Looking forward to exchanging ideas on classic mustangs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been reading the posts here for a while on my iPhone. Wanted to let you know about my 66 GT coup. Original 289, C4 and 8.8 rear end in Emberglow/Parchment. Purchased for my son 4 years ago. As I figure out how to post I will include more info and photos. Looking forward to exchanging ideas on classic mustangs.
Looking forward to seeing some pics! I haven't been here long, but regardless, welcome to ME! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on here!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few shots from last year. After a lot of work it was my sons daily driver for 2 1/2 years. His round trip to High school was 50 miles every day. I'll add more shots of restoration as time permits. Any idea of how many 66 GT coup emberglow/parchment were made?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soon after we purchased the mustang it started to have issues. I think it had been parked for many years. First the carb gaskets gave out then engine/transmission seals started leaking. We decided to bring it back to life. Motor and trans went to the shop, new front end, wireing harness, and too many other parts to list. We did all this as quick as possible since the car was needed for transportation. Spring break turned out to be many late nights as my son soon learned how to "work" on an old car.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My son went to colllege in a new car with air conditioning, cruise control and better gas milage. The mustang was left for me. So I decided to spice it up a little. The original drivetrain was put in storage. With a new 302, 512 lift/112 seperation, Pro comp heads 160/202, MSD. TCIAuto Super Street Fighter C4, 9 inch with Strange engineering 3.50 gear, moser axels and disc breaks to help it stop.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That looks fresh! You don't see many emberglo's around anymore, '66 was the first year it was available! :) Not entirely sure how many embers were made, all i know is that over 72K total vert. stallions were produced that year. Does it have the Pony interior/IDGO?

Excited to see what you do! Looks like you've got plenty of shiny new parts to play with, have fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts